Since its inception, Youtube has been rocketing to the skies and reaching new heights every year. There are some facts, theories, and stats about Youtube that you must know. In this post, I will tell you about the 50+ Must-Know Youtube Statistics.
Must-Know Youtube Statistics (2020)
Youtube sky-rocketed to success and popularity across the globe at such a speed that there are literal encyclopedias of stats about Youtube. But, not all of them are fascinating enough. So, I’ve handpicked the ones that you must know and will present to you here. These can prove to be of a lot of benefits if you are a Video Marketer, Digital Marketer, or just a curious individual.
Also Check – Top 10 Tech Expos & Events Around the World in 2020
History of Youtube
YouTube was founded by three friends namely, Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim in 2005. They started it in a very small office in California. The first-ever video uploaded on Youtube is “Me at the zoo” which has Jawed Karim roaming in a Zoo and discovering that Elephants have trunks. Some keynotes about the History of Youtube-
- The domain ‘Youtube.com’ was activated on 14th February 2005.
- The first video, ‘Me at Zoo’ was uploaded on 23 April 2005.
- Google purchased Youtube on 9th October 2006 for 1.65 billion USD.
- Advertisements first appeared on Youtube in August 2007.
- In May 2010, Youtube started getting 2 Billion views per day.
- In March 2013, Youtube reported 1 Billion monthly active users.
Youtube Statistics about Usage
Some important Youtube statistics about its usage across the globe are as follows:-
- Youtube is the second largest search engine now.
- It is the second most visited website after Google.
- Youtube is the second largest social media platform with billions of active users.
- 70% of Youtube usage is through mobiles and tablets.
- Every minute, users are uploading 400 hours of videos on Youtube from all over the world.
- Youtube video with the most number of views is ‘Despacito’ by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee. It has over 6.32bn views and still counting. Despacito took 97 days to get 1 Billion views, while the video it crossed to achieve the record ‘Gangnam Style‘ took 5 months to get 1 Billion views.
- The first-ever video to get one million views was an advertisement from Nike having Ronaldinho.
- The most-subscribed channels on Youtube are T-Series, PewDiePie and 5-Minute Crafts on first, second and third positions respectively.
Youtube Demographics Statistics
Here are some key Youtube demographics statistics:-
- Youtube is now available in more than 91 countries.
- It is accessible in 80 different languages.
- Most of the visitors on Youtube are from bigger countries like the USA, Russia, India, China, Japan, and the UK.
- More than 50% of US internet users above age 75 watch Youtube videos.
- 90% of internet users aging between 18 to 44 years old watch Youtube videos.
- Near 50% Youtube audience is female.
- Millennials, who are people aging between 25 to 34 years old, mostly watch a Youtube video to know or learn about something.
- Around 15.3% of the total Youtube users are from the USA.
Youtube Statistics about Users
Here are some very interesting statistics about Youtube users:-
- YouTube users watch over 46,000 years of content each year altogether.
- Internet users opt to watch a video on Youtube four times more than any other social media platform.
- Around 70% of Youtube users watch videos to get help in decision-making for a purchase.
- Over 47% of On-demands music streaming is played on Youtube.
- When we ask, Most of the Youtube users tell that watch Youtube videos to either relax or to get entertainment.
- ‘Satisfying videos’ like Soap cutting, slime playing, firesticks burning, etc are experiencing an increase in watch time at 70% in 2018 and 2109.
- Every day, Youtube users watch over 180 million hours of content on TV screens.
- Top 4 Most Popular Videos Categories are Comedy, Music, Entertainment and ‘How to.’
Youtube Marketing Statistics
If you are a marketer or a salesperson, you should take a look at these Youtube statistics:-
- Of all the premium videos Millenials watch, Youtube has a two-third share in it.
- Each year, the six figures earning channels are increasing by 40%.
- Users who watch the full Trueview ad are 23 times more likely to visit or subscribe to the brand channel as compared to the ones who skip the ad in 5 seconds.
- When brands use Trueview, their views may increase by about 500% on older videos.
- YouTube ads have an attention rate of 62%. While Television ads have that of 45%.
- YouTube generates $16 billion to $25 billion in annual revenue. This makes the video service big enough to get in the top half of the Fortune 500.
- Lego is the most popular brand channel on Youtube having over 7 Billion subscribers.
Misc Youtube Statistics
Till now, you have read about the categorized stats about Youtube. Now here are some miscellaneous Youtube statistics in order to let you know about some fascinating researches.
- Youtube is the most-installed iOS app on the App Store.
- ‘Song’ and ‘Songs’ are the two most-searched terms on Youtube.
- The most uploaded game on Youtube is Minecraft.
- 4500+ gaming streamers per day on average on Youtube.
- Around 65% of YouTube users report getting false content.
- Just on mobiles, YouTube reaches more adults (age 18-49) during prime time than any cable network does in an average week.
- Over 70% of the total Youtube watch time globally is on Mobiles.
- Youtube mobile ads are more attentive than Television ads.
- In the last two years, users are watching over 50,000 years of product review videos.
- T-Series and PewDiePie indulged in a subscribers battle on Youtube in 2019, in which T-Series is currently leading.
After reading all these Youtube statistics, what did you conclude? There could be many conclusions, but one which no one can deny is that Youtube is never going to stop now. With the internet world growing day by day, Youtube is going to continue reaching new heights every minute. You can benefit yourself in various ways from Youtube. You can use to market or sell your product. Or, you can look for a client by showcasing your service. You can display your art and gain more fans. The possibilities are countless. It is up to you how you capitalize.
If you need any suggestions or have a doubt, feel free to use the comment box. I’ll be more than glad to listen.