Audible is an amazing and pretty useful audiobook and podcast platform for students. However, a lot of students struggle to afford this great Amazon-owned service. That’s why they have come up with an Audible student discount to help them. If you are a student and want to get Audible for a lucrative discount, this is the right post for you.
Here, I will guide you on how to get the Audible student discount to use the service at a highly affordable price. This will help you to save your hard-earned bucks. So, you can use them on more important items or services.
What is the Audible Student Discount?
Audible is a brilliant platform for students to listen to books and learn new things. The audiobooks on Audible offer an amazing alternative to reading books and novels. You can simply plug in your earphones, play an audiobook, and let the speaker tell you the story. It has a collection of more than 200,000 books that you can choose from. You can find your favorite novels, thriller stories, and many more things.
The only problem is that Audible membership is essential to access its services, but it is pretty costly. A lot of students can’t afford it. To counter this problem, Amazon has come up with an Audible student discount. This exclusive discount for students enables them to get the Audible subscription at a 30-50% lower price.
Along with this, students also get additional benefits such as Amazon credit and more. The value of the discount and perks keeps changing during different months and occasions.
Features & Benefits
The Audible Student Discount works as a tremendous relief for students. Currently, it allows the students to buy the Audible subscription at a discount of 30%. Along with this, students will also get a $10 Amazon credit that you can use to buy any product sold by Amazon.com.
Here is the full list of features and benefits that you can get with the Audible student plan:
- 30% off on the original subscription price.
- A $10 Amazon promotional credit sent via email.
- You will get 3 titles every month- 1 Audiobook and 2 Audible Originals.
- You can exchange any audiobook that you don’t like for free.
- If you don’t want to continue, you can cancel any time.
These are the highlights of the Audible student plan. If it interests you, then you should continue to check if you are eligible via the next section.
Price & Eligibility
Originally, Audible offers two types of plan- Plus and Premium Plus. The Plus plan costs $7.95 per month, and Premium Plus costs $14.95 per month. But, with the Audible Student Discount, you can get the Audible Premium Plus subscription for a highly discounted price of $9.95 per month. This will help you to save around $5 every month on your Audible membership.
If you like the deal, you shall continue to see if you are eligible to get it. The following is the eligibility criterion to get the Audible student plan:
- This deal is available ONLY for new Audible accounts. Existing users can’t switch to it.
- You must be a verified US student studying in a Title-IV, degree-granting college or university.
- You must be at least 16 years old.
- Unidays membership is required to register for the student discount on Audible.
- You must be able to verify your student status through the required documents.
If you meet the eligibility criterion, you should continue to claim the student discount.
How to Get the Audible Student Discount?
Before actually starting your Audible student account, make sure to start and use a free 30-day Audible trial. By doing this you will essentially be getting 30 Days free trial + 30% discount + $10 Amazon credit and 3 titles every month.
Audible has partnered with UNiDAYS to offer an exclusive discount to students. So, you must have a UNiDAYS account in order to proceed to claim a discount on Audible. Make sure you check UNiDAYS eligibility and qualify for their account before proceeding. Once done, follow these steps:
Step-1: Open a browser on your PC and visit the Audible Student page. On this page, click on the ‘Verify your student status‘ button.
Step-2: The UNiDAYS sign-in page will open. Now log in to your UNiDAYS account to verify student discount eligibility. If you don’t have one, sign up for a new UNiDAYS account.
Note: Signing up for a UNiDAYS account will require you to upload a valid document that proves your enrollment at a qualifying institution in the US.
Step-3: Once logged in, find a link to redeem your Audible savings then and there.
Step-4: Next, redeem your discounted student membership at Audible’s website. It will ask you to enter your billing address and payment method.
Step-5: Finally, complete the checkout and start listening on the Audible app.
That’s it. This is how you can get the Student Discount on the Audible membership. You will also get a $10 Amazon promotional credit via email in the next 72-hours. You can use it to make any purchase of a product sold by Amazon.com.
Things to Remember About the Audible Student Plan
If you have subscribed to the Audible student plan, then you should always keep these things in your mind:
- One must re-verify their student status every 12-months with Audible to continue with the Audible student plan.
- If you don’t confirm that you are a student at the end of a year with Audible, it will convert your student plan into the standard Gold plan.
- The Audible student plan can be used for a maximum of 4 years, or until your date of graduation. After that, it’ll automatically transform into the standard Audible Gold monthly plan.
- You can cancel your Audible membership at any time.
- If you want to stop using Audible for only a limited period of time, such as a month or two, you can pause your membership instead of canceling it.
- Audible student discounts can be claimed only once per student.
- Existing Audible users cannot claim the benefits of the student discount. It is only available for new users.
These are some things you shouldn’t forget when using Audible as a student. You can also turn on the email alerts from Audible to never miss the re-verification.
Audible is a pretty useful service for students. The audiobooks and podcasts available on the platform can be very beneficial as well as entertaining for students. One tip I’d like to offer for the students using Audible is that you should always adjust the narration speed to save your time. To save your money, you can claim the student discount as mentioned above.
That’s all for this post. I hope you find it helpful. Feel free to use the comment box to share your opinions about it, or to ask any related questions.