Hulu has been amazing throughout the years but there could be certain circumstances where you’ll need to cancel it. The reason could be any like when you switch to another service such as Netflix, Vudu, etc, or when you don’t find your favorite shows on Hulu. Or, the reason can also be financial problems. In all the situations, you’ll want to cancel Hulu as you will stop using it. But how to do that?
I will explain in this post. Here, I will tell you how to cancel Hulu on PC, Mobile, and other mediums. So, you won’t be left puzzled whenever you’ll have to cancel your subscription.
How to Cancel Hulu on Different Devices?
Hulu is a very popular video streaming and on-demand video service where you can find currently running shows from all of the top television networks. It is a wonderful option for those who want to watch their favorite shows without spending a lot of money on a cable or satellite TV subscription. Hulu comes in two subscriptions, a free one known as Hulu free subscription and a paid one known as Hulu Plus. Hulu free has a lot of limitations content-wise but you can still use it. However, if you chose Hulu Plus for $7.99 per month, you can watch anything you like on the platform without any restrictions.
As there are always two sides to every coin, there are certain situations where you’ll need to stop using Hulu. In order to do that, you must cancel your subscription. If you aren’t aware of how to cancel Hulu plus subscription, you just have to go through this guide. You can cancel Hulu via different mediums like through their website on PC, through the mobile app on your Android or iOS device, etc. There could be many reasons why you need to do that and there isn’t any need to discuss them here. So, let’s just skip to the part where I’ll explain the procedure.
Cancel Hulu Through Their Website on PC
The simplest method to cancel Hulu is by going to their website on your PC and canceling the subscription by logging in to your account. To know how to do that, follow the simple steps mentioned below.
- Step-1: Open a browser, preferably Chrome, and visit Hulu.com.
- Step-2: Click on Log in present in the top right corner of the screen and log in to your Hulu account.
- Step-3: Now click on your Name (Profile) present in the top right corner of the screen to visit your account section.
- Step-4: Next, click on Account from the drop-down menu.
- Step-5: In the next window, find Cancel Your Subscription and then click on Cancel present next to it.
- Step-6: Hulu will then present to you exciting offers so you won’t cancel the subscription. This is a good way to get fine deals on Hulu. But if you want to cancel your subscription, click on Continue to Cancel.
- Step-7: You’ll receive the notification that your Hulu subscription is canceled and you will maintain access to Hulu through the end of the billing period. Close the browser.
That’s it. This is how you cancel your Hulu subscription by using their website. Hulu doesn’t want its users to cancel their subscriptions, so it provides good deals if you attempt to cancel one. Also, it offers to suspend your subscription temporarily and not charge you if you are just stopping to use for a limited period of time. So, you can benefit from these if you find them suitable. One more thing to remember is that you can access your Hulu account until the end of the billing period even after canceling your subscription.
Cancel Hulu Account Through the Mobile App
Hulu has a mobile app that lets you manage your Hulu account. It is available for both Android and iOS devices. However, the catch here is that only the Android version of the Hulu app lets you cancel your subscription through it, while the iOS version only allows you to manage your account. Follow these simple steps if you want to cancel your Hulu subscription through the mobile app.
- Step-1: Download and install the Hulu app from the Play Store.
- Step-2: Once installed, launch the app and tap on Account present on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Step-3: Now tap on Account and enter the password once it prompts.
- Step-4: Next, Find Cancel Your Subscription and then tap on Cancel present next to it. You can also choose to Pause your subscription if you don’t want to pay for the subscription on a temporary basis.
- Step-5: Confirm your selection and continue the cancellation process.
That’s it. This is how you cancel your subscription to Hulu using the app on mobile. You can also re-subscribe to Hulu using it as well. The app provides almost all the features you can find on their website.
Cancel your Hulu Subscription Through Other Mediums
You can also cancel your Hulu subscription through any other medium using which you have billed for like Amazon, iTunes, Roku, Spotify, and many more. I’ll explain the procedure for a few major ones here and will provide you the guide link for other mediums as well.
Cancel Through Amazon
If you have billed for Hulu using Amazon, you can also cancel it from there. Follow these simple steps.
- Step-1: Visit the Hulu subscription page on Amazon.
- Step-2: Click on Actions present on the right.
- Step-3: Next, select Turn Off Auto-Renewal from the drop-down list.
- Step-4: Confirm your selection. Alternatively, you can go to the Memberships and Subscriptions section of your Amazon account and cancel the Hulu subscription from there.
That’s it. You will receive a confirmation email regarding your actions and you won’t be charged for Hulu through your Amazon account afterward.
Cancel Through iTunes
If you have billed for Hulu using iTunes, you can cancel your subscription using it as well. Follow these simple steps.
- Step-1: Launch iTunes and go to your Account from the iTunes Store.
- Step-2: Go to the Settings section and click on Manage present next to Subscriptions.
- Step-3: Next, click on OFF in the Auto-Renewal section for Hulu.
- Step-4: Finally, click on Done to confirm your selection.
That’s it. You will receive an email informing that your subscription is canceled and you can continue accessing Hulu until the end of your billing period.
Cancel Through Other Mediums
If you have subscribed to Hulu through any other third-party medium, you can cancel it from that medium by following the simple steps mentioned in these threads. Just visit the thread for the medium that you used to subscribe to Hulu and you’ll know the next.
These are all the mediums that let you subscribe to Hulu.
This is how you cancel your Hulu subscription. I’ve told you about doing it on all the available mediums. If you are struggling with any method, let me know in the comments section and I’ll help you out. Also, if you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to use the comment box. Canceling Hulu is easy, you just need to know the right steps.