Sometimes you mistakenly send messages to people on Snapchat or you want to just delete a message you have sent to someone. In situations like these, the question “How to Delete Snapchat Messages” arise in our minds. However, most people don’t know that because Snapchat doesn’t provide any tutorials.
So, we will guide you here. In this post, I will tell you the method to delete Snapchat messages in simple steps. If you want to delete any message you have sent on Snapchat, you just have to follow the steps mentioned here.
Guide to Delete Snapchat Messages Sent by Mistake
Snapchat is one of the most popular social apps installed on every second person’s smartphone. The majority of the users have Snapchat to update stories, send snaps, and click pictures with their unique filters. However, some users also have Snapchat for messaging purposes. You can have both one-to-one or group conversations on Snapchat. Not everyone might be a fan of Snapchat’s messaging interface, including me, but still, a lot of people use it to talk with their friends, lovers, or other people.
In June of 2018, Snapchat rolled a new feature named ‘Clear Conversations’ for people who use the app for messaging. You could figure out just with the name that it allowed people to delete the messages from any conversation. You can even delete a message even before the receiver has viewed it. When you delete any message, a notification message will appear in the chat screen saying that ‘X has deleted a message‘ where X will be you or when the other person deletes one, you’ll also see the same notification.
- Instagram vs Snapchat – The Comparison You Must Know
- How to Know If Someone Blocked you on Snapchat?
This feature came on Snapchat around 2 months after the feature first rolled out on WhatsApp. Users gratefully accepted is as earlier there was no way to correct your faults if you send a message to anyone by mistake or said something that you didn’t mean. This feature appeared as a savior to a lot of people, including me. Following is a step-wise guide to know how to use the feature.
Steps to Follow:
If you want to delete any message from a conversation, you just need to follow these simple steps.
- Step-1: Open Snapchat and tap on Chat to visit the inbox. Alternatively, you can swipe right on the screen.
- Step-2: Here, open the conversation of a friend from which you want to delete a message.
- Step-3: Navigate to the message you want to delete.
- Step-4: Tap and hold the message you want to delete until you see a list of options.
- Step-5: Choose Delete from the list.
- Step-6: Finally, tap on Delete Chat when a confirmation prompt appears.
That’s it. This is how you delete a message on Snapchat. If you want to delete multiple messages, you have to do that by deleting all the messages one by one. Or, you can clear the whole conversation at once. We’ll discuss that next.
Clear Whole Conversation at Once
If you want to delete all or many messages from a Snapchat conversation, you should consider clearing the whole conversation at once. This would be very simple instead of tapping, holding, and deleting several messages one by one. To know how to clear a whole conversation at once, follow the simple steps mentioned below.
- Step-1: Open Snapchat and swipe right on the screen or tap on Chat to visit the inbox.
- Step-2: Here you will see all the conversations you have on Snapchat. Tap and hold the conversation you want to delete.
- Step-3: Now tap on More.
- Step-4: Next, tap on Clear Conversation.
- Step-5: You will see a confirmation prompt saying ‘This will clear the conversation from your feed. It will not delete any saved or sent messages in your conversation.” Finally, tap on Clear to delete the whole conversation.
Note: When you delete a conversation, the messages you have saved remain in the chat. So, you have to unsave them before trying to delete them. Also, if the other person has saved some messages, you won’t be able to delete them. You have to ask them to unsave them first.
That’s it. This is how you can delete the whole conversation at once. You can delete any conversation you want using this method. But, if you want to delete several conversations together, I have a simpler method for you. Continue reading further.
Clear Multiple Conversations Together
If you don’t want to delete a single message or even a single conversation, but many conversations from your Snapchat inbox, then you should use this method. Snapchat allows you to clear multiple conversations together. Follow these simple steps to know what you need to do.
- Step-1: Open Snapchat and tap on your profile icon present on the top right of the screen.
- Step-2: Now tap on the Gear icon present on the top right of the screen to visit the Settings screen.
- Step-3: Next, scroll down and tap on Clear Conversation present under the Privacy section.
- Step-4: Here, you can see all the conversations you have had on Snapchat. Simply tap on the X present next to the conversation you want to delete and tap on Clear to confirm your choice.
- Step-5: Do this with all the conversations you want to delete.
That’s it. This is an easier method to delete multiple Snapchat conversations. But, you can also use it to delete a single conversation if you want. If you don’t use this method, you’d have to tap and hold the conversations one by one and then delete them as I mentioned earlier but that is a very time-consuming process.
Summing it up
This is how you delete Snapchat messages. Let’s recap what we have learned in this post. You have to tap and hold a single message and then tap on Delete to delete the message you have sent mistakenly. Or, if you want to delete the whole conversation, you just want to tap and hold it, select more and then choose clear conversation. Also, you can clear the conversations from Settings by going to the ‘Clear Conversation’ window.
That’s all for this post. Let me know if you have any doubts, queries, or suggestions, regarding anything mentioned here. I’ll try to read and respond ASAP.