Avast is a popular antivirus program that helps us to protect our computer from offline and online virus threats. But there are some situations when we want to disable or turn off avast to allow installation of a certain type of software on our computer. Also sometimes avast not let you visit your favorite website due to its par protection shield. Due to this or any other reason if you want to disable your avast antivirus program’s specific shield or want to turn it off completely. Then read this article as we’re going to discuss how to disable avast temporarily and permanently.
How to Disable Avast?
Disabling Avast software will increase the chance of viruses and malware attacks. If you’re sure about disabling avast then I would recommend you download and install only trusted software programs. Here is how to disable Avast on your computer:-
1. How To Disable Avast Temporarily By Turning Off Specific Shields
Avast offers you to disable a specific shield, so you can unblock your favorite website and download some required software. Suppose you want to visit a website that was disabled by avast, In this case, you can visit your website simply by disabling avast shield for web protection. Here is how to do this:-
Disable Avast On Windows PC
To disable avast specific field on a windows computer you can go through this guide:-
- Go to the Windows taskbar and search for Avast.
- Right-click on it and choose Avast Shields Control.
- Select the Protection tab and click on Core Shields option to view shields that are enabled.
- Now click on the Green Checkbox available next to shield which you want to disable.
- A pop-up window will appear on your screen asking you to verify that you wan to disable selected individual shield. You can also the time duration for which you want to disable Avast individual shield.
- Now a second warning display will appear on your screen that will ask you to confirm that you want to disable the selected shield. Just click on OK.
- After your confirmation, your selected shield will get disabled.
How to Disable Avast on Mac
If you’re a Mac user then you need not worry, you can also disable individual shield on your Mac computer. Here is the list of steps you need to follow to turn off avast individual shields.
- Go to the Search bar and search for Avast.
- Click on Avast icon to open Avast software.
- Now click on Active Protection to view the list of active avast shields.
- Decide the shield which you want to disable and click on the Disable button. After this, you need to enter your password. And your avast shield will get disabled.
2.How To Disable Avast Permanently By Turning Off All Shields:-
If you are not sure about the shield you need to disable then you can disable all the shields of avast. You can disable all of them at once.
- Go to the search bar and search for Avast and right-click on it and choose Avast Shields Control. Here you can choose the time duration for which you want to disable avast completely.
- A confirmation window will appear on your screen to confirm that you want to disable Avast. Click on yes to continue with the process. Now all the shields of Avast are will be disabled for the time duration you have chosen.
- If you want to turn on all the Avast shield back to keep you protected online threats. Then you can do this by simply pressing on the Resolve button.
3. Disable Avast By Uninstalling Avast
If you’re sure that you’re not going to use Avast again on your computer in the near future. Then uninstalling avast is the best solution you can adapt to disable Avast antivirus completely. Using the above-given method you can only disable certain security protection only avast never allow you to completely close the software. Then uninstalling Avast is completely the best solution to turn off Avast permanently. You can uninstall avast software either by using a c panel or any removal tool. But before uninstalling Avast we suggest you to install other antivirus software for your computer. So you can keep your pc protected from online threats. Here is how to do this:-
- Go to your search bar and search Control Panel.
- In the control panel locate Program and Features and click on it.
- Scroll down in the list and click on Avast Antivirus and then tap on uninstall.
- Now a pop-up window will appear on your screen simply click on uninstall option. And your uninstallation process will begin shortly. After the uninstallation process finishes, the avast will be completely deleted on your computer.
That’s all for today. I hope after reading this process, you have clearly learned about how to disable avast temporarily and permanently. However, as I have said earlier that disabling avast completely can put your computer at risk of getting affected by online threats.
So before uninstalling or disabling avast completely, we would suggest you install another antivirus program on your computer. If you have any suggestion then please let us know by using our comment section.