You probably came across this error, “The Application was unable to start correctly. Click OK to close the Application. This error message conveyed is with this weird alphanumeric multi-digit number 0xc00007b. Well, it is impossible for any layman to decode this error code and solve it on his/her own. And that’s the reason this step-by-step guide is published in order to assist towards the solutions of this error and helping to start the program/application you are trying to run.
This error is not restricted to the scope of Windows 10 only, but it has given its appearance in a variety of its versions like Windows 7, 8, 8.1, XP. This error reportedly found intriguing for many applications and programs. First of all, let us peep into the foundation of this error by checking out the symptoms and reasons pertaining to this error.
- 1 Common 0xC00007b Error Messages
- 2 How to Fix “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b)” error
- 2.1 Method 1: Basic Fixes
- 2.2 Method 2: Repair your Registry
- 2.3 Method 3: Re-install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
- 2.4 Method 4: Update xinput1_3.dll File
- 2.5 Method 5: Check disk
- 3 Conclusion
Common 0xC00007b Error Messages
These are some of the symptoms of this problem if you could relate with one of your issues.
- The active program window crashes and”Error 0xC00007B” pops up.
- Frequent crashes of PC with Error 0xC00007B when running the same program.
- “Adobe Dreamweaver Error 0Xc00007B”.
- During installation of a particular Software like Adobe Dream Weaver.
- Sluggish Window responses identified by delayed mouse and keyboard outputs on the console.
- PC periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
What causes this error?
Runtime Errors such as “Error 0xC00007B” is a Runtime Error that can be caused by a variety of agents, troubleshooting each of the potential reason ensures that this error won’t strike back again.
- Bit architecture incompatibility that means When you are trying to run a 32-bit program on a 64-bit architecture-based machine or vice versa.
- Incomplete installation or corrupt download of the Application.
- Corruption in Windows Registry entries.
- Virus or malware infection.
- A second Conflicting Program hindering your program from launching.
How to Fix “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b)” error
So, here are simple ways to fix 0xC00007b error.
Method 1: Basic Fixes
Here are some basic fixes you must try before proceeding with the next methods. These basic troubleshooting tips might fetch you out of this 0xc00007b Runtime error without doing much.
Basic Fix 1: Restart Your PC
Sometimes these runtime errors just vanish by rebooting your PC ones or a multiple times. Try this to resolve 0xc00007b error.
Basic Fix 2: Run your application as administrator
Running your application as an Administrator ensures that you are providing full Administrator Privileges for the application to run. To run your Program as an Admin, Right-click the program icon and select Run as Administrator from the list. See if this method works for you.
Basic Fix 3: Re-install the program
If there are corrupt files associated with the program folder. Re-installing the program might ensure that a fresh batch of files without any corruption will be loaded and this time won’t cause the error.
Method 2: Repair your Registry
The topmost reason due to which this error would occur is the damaged system files. Therefore, for a proper functioning of Windows and the applications, It is very important to restore missing or corrupt repositories. You can use this free tool which would automatically do the rest for you because it is risky to edit system files on your own. Hope this one fixed your issue. If not proceed to the next methods.
Method 3: Re-install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is a runtime package in the PC responsible for the proper functioning of multiple softwares. If Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package files are somehow got corrupt or infected, it can cause the 0xc000007b error. In this case, you need to reinstall this Package. To do so:
- Firstly, press the Windows key and type in “Control Panel“. Tap open it.
- Find Uninstall a Program and Click it.
- Find and Uninstall all programs in the list with the name of “Microsoft Visual C++ 2*** Redistributable“.
- You can download and install the latest updated Microsoft Visual C++ 2*** Redistributable package by Clicking here.
This method works most of the time for many users. Try and see if you can launch your Game/software without getting a 0xc000007b error.
Method 4: Update xinput1_3.dll File
Many users repeatedly reported that one of the main cause of the issue is corrupted or missing xinput1_3.dll File. Restoring a fresh and clean copy of this file might fix the error so that next time you launch the game or program it won’t throw any error. To fix this dll issue:
NOTE: Make sure to keep a copy the original xinput1_3.dll File in case some mishappening occurs.
- Firstly, you need to get a fresh xinput1_3.dll File which you can download by taping over here.
- Extract the file from the zip.
- Finally, copy the file and paste it into the same location where the original xinput1_3.dll File exists. The path address to the file is “C:\Windows\SysWOW64“.
This method seems to work a number of times as reported by many users.
Method 5: Check disk
“The application was unable to start correctly” error is maybe due to some hardware issue especially relevant to the hard drive in the system. In order to check and repair the hard disk to ensure proper functioning without unscrewing your PC through command prompt follow these steps:
- Click on Windows icon and type “cmd“. Right click on Command Prompt in the list and choose Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt Window Type in “chkdsk c: /f /r“ and hit enter. (This command would check and repair the C:/ drive for possible errors. To check another drive, replace the letter “c” with the corresponding letter of that drive you wish to check and repair.)
- Consequently, follow on-screen instructions to finish the process and repair the drive.
This would definitely fix the problem
In the end, after performing all these troubleshoots you still getting this error, try performing a system restore or a fresh installation of Windows (taking Backup of data beforehand). This would make sure this error won’t appear the next time you run your favorite game or program.