Siri is Apple’s voice-controlled personal assistant, a feature that is provided with all Apple devices and it has been around for several years now. It can happen that you face a problem where Siri stops working on iPhone and you are unable to find the solution to the problem.
We will summarize 10 solutions towards Siri Not Working issue with detailed steps and screenshots. If you encounter Siri Not Working issues, try them right now.
- 1 How to fix Siri Not Working Issue on iPhone 11
- 1.1 Method 1: Check Your Microphone
- 1.2 Method 2: Restart Siri in the Settings app
- 1.3 Method 3: Reboot your iPhone 11 & 11 Pro Max
- 1.4 Method 4: Enable “Hey Siri” from the settings
- 1.5 Method 5: Reset the Network Settings of iPhone
- 1.6 Method 6: Fix Siri Not Working for a Particular App
- 1.7 Method 7: Connect to Wi-Fi Networks
- 1.8 Method 8: Update the iOS version of your iPhone to the Latest One
- 1.9 Method 9: Toggle On/Off Dictation on iPhone in your Settings app
- 1.10 Method 10: Fix Siri by Using Third-party Software
- 2 Final Words
How to fix Siri Not Working Issue on iPhone 11
Siri can stop working due to a few reasons and can be restored by using these simple techniques. I have tried making the methods very easy to understand by common users and will surely help you in resolving the problem, so lets get started.
Method 1: Check Your Microphone
If you are using the microphone to talk to Siri, you should then surely check whether your microphone is workable or not.
Method 2: Restart Siri in the Settings app
This is one of the most preferable options to fix Siri Not Working issue within few seconds. Basically, when some of the permissions which are required by Siri are disabled on iPhone by mistake, the issue of Siri not working is caused. Resetting the settings and setting the permissions will give you a better chance to fix this issue. To accomplish the resetting, just follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and navigate to the “General” menubar.
- Under the General menu, locate the option of “Siri”. Click that icon and enter the next screen.
- Navigate to the Enable bar where you can toggle the option to disable the Siri. Just press that toggle button twice and get back to the home screen to see if the Siri is back to normal function or not.
Method 3: Reboot your iPhone 11 & 11 Pro Max
You can reboot your iPhone to fix the error caused. To reboot your device press the side button and volume up button in iPhone 8/X to get an option to turn off the device. Drag the slider to turn the device off.
For iPhone6/7, press the top button and volume up button to get that slider.
Otherwise, keep pressing the power button of the phone until you see an Apple icon on the screen.
Method 4: Enable “Hey Siri” from the settings
If you cannot turn on Siri when your iPhone. You can check whether you have enabled “Hey Siri” or not by going to the settings and enable it if not done.
Go to Settings and open Siri and then navigate to the Access bar and Allow “Hey Siri”.
Method 5: Reset the Network Settings of iPhone
Resetting the network settings of your iPhone if Siri is not working is another effective solution to fix this issue. It is possible that your network operator creates some troubles in the cellular data, which in turn makes it difficult for Siri to understand your instructions. By following the steps listed below you can reset the network settings.
- Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iPhone and click on the General option.
- Step 2: Scroll down to Reset and click it.
- Step 3: Select the Reset Network Settings option. Input the passcode if prompted.
Method 6: Fix Siri Not Working for a Particular App
If Siri is not working with some of the particular apps, for example, WhatsApp, then maybe possible that this app is not allowed to access Siri. You can enable the Siri function with the following methods:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone, navigate to the particular app for which Siri is not working with and open it.
- Tap on Siri & Suggestions option.
- Toggle on Use with Siri and click it.
Method 7: Connect to Wi-Fi Networks
If you are using Mobile data on your device, we suggest that you try again by using a Wi-Fi network, a low net speed could also lead to Siri not working properly after iOS 11 and iOS 12 updates on the devices.
Method 8: Update the iOS version of your iPhone to the Latest One
Most of the unknown app bugs in Apple devices, including Siri not working can be removed easily by updating the iOS system. For it, go to the Settings app and tap on General, then click on Software Update, select Install Now if the iOS version of your iPhone is not the latest one. Before updating the iOS version of your iPhone, we suggest you to back up all of the important data in case they will be lost after the update.
Method 9: Toggle On/Off Dictation on iPhone in your Settings app
Sometimes if there is a bug present in the dictation process of your Apple device, then it becomes difficult for Siri to understand instructions given. If a bug is a present, you can remove the bug in order to fix Siri not working issue by toggling on or off the dictation function in the settings app. To get this task done follow these steps given below:
- Step 1: Open the Settings app and open the General menu.
- Step 2: Scroll down to the Keyboard option and click it.
- Step 3: In the Keyboard menu, you will find the Dictation option. Press the toggle button to off/on the Dictation option.
Method 10: Fix Siri by Using Third-party Software
If you are unable to fix your problem with the above given methods you can always go for the usage of third party apppliations or else can also give a visit to the Apple Service center to get the problem fixed.
So that’s it. Here are the 10 different methods that will help you solve the Siri not working error and benefit the functions provided by Siri. If you still need help with anything at all, do let us know in the comments section below and we shall get back to you with a solution as soon as possible.