Gmail is the first thing a user meets when he starts learning the internet. Almost every person on the internet has a Gmail account or may have had it at some point in time. With its massive user-base, it is interesting to know that Google stores information about the Gmail stats of every user and you can even check that. I’ll tell you how here.
In this post, I will guide you on How to check your Gmail Statistics in the easiest manner. And, I will also tell the 8 must-know Gmail facts of 2020 along with some interesting stats about Gmail. If you are an email marketer, a frequent Gmail user or just a curious reader, this post is going to be a treat for you.
- 1 Gmail Statistics that are Worth Knowing
- 1.1 8 Must-Know Gmail Facts in 2020
- 1.1.1 1. An Average Gmail user has 1.7 Accounts
- 1.1.2 2. An Average Gmail Account has over 17000 Emails
- 1.1.3 3. Promotional Emails have a Read Rate of 19.2%
- 1.1.4 4. 60% of the Total Emails on Gmail are Opened via Smartphones
- 1.1.5 5. Gmail has over 2 Billion Active Users Estimated Globally
- 1.1.6 6. Gmail is Available to Use in 105 Different Languages
- 1.1.7 7. Gmail holds 22.8% of the Global Email Market and Holds the First Rank.
- 1.1.8 8. Gmail Blocks over 100 Millon Spam Emails Daily.
- 1.1 8 Must-Know Gmail Facts in 2020
- 2 How to Check Your Gmail Stats
- 3 Final Words
Gmail Statistics that are Worth Knowing
Let’s take a look at some statistics about Gmail that are worth knowing. Here is a compilation of the must-know Gmail stats for you.
- Gmail was started by Paul Buchheit, who was a Google developer and had developed the idea of a ‘web-based mail service’ in 1990, even before the launch of Hotmail. It was released for the public on 1 April 2004 and the first Gmail account was created on the same day.
- Gmail has over 2 Billion active users and has over 6 Billion accounts on the platform.
- Users send over 300 billion emails using Gmail every day and send millions every minute.
- Around 23% of the world population is using Gmail with the maximum users from India, USA, UK, and Brazil.
- The data shared using Gmail every day is counted in terabytes.
8 Must-Know Gmail Facts in 2020
There are certain Gmail facts that you must know. Many of these are really fascinating, to be honest. While compiling this list, I was amazed to see how far Google has gone in terms of its user-base. Millions of users access the service daily and billions of emails are sent every day. Here are some of the must-know Gmail facts for you to read.
1. An Average Gmail user has 1.7 Accounts
A lot of Gmail users tend to create more than one Gmail accounts. Some do it to separate their work and personal life while others do it depending on their own reasons. If we calculate an average, the number comes to be 1.7 accounts for an average Gmail user. It is safe to say that the majority of people have two Gmail accounts.
2. An Average Gmail Account has over 17000 Emails
We receive tens and hundreds of emails daily. This happens because we use our Google account in many places on the web. And, the majority of the emails are for promotional purposes. But, some of them are really important. If we have to calculate an average, there are 17000+ emails on a Gmail account. Check yours, how many have you got till now?
3. Promotional Emails have a Read Rate of 19.2%
Gmail is one of the best sources to promote your product or services. If you are sending a promotional email via Gmail, there are 19.2% chances that the user will read it carefully.
4. 60% of the Total Emails on Gmail are Opened via Smartphones
Mobiles have a huge impact on the internet. The same is the case for Gmail also. The fact that around 60% of all the emails sent via Gmail are opened on mobiles verifies this.
5. Gmail has over 2 Billion Active Users Estimated Globally
Gmail is really dominating the internet. It had over 1.5 Billion active users by October 2018 and is estimated to have over 2 Billion users currently. And, the number keeps increasing every second.
6. Gmail is Available to Use in 105 Different Languages
Currently, Gmail supports around 105 different languages from all across the world. And, they are planning to support more. It even has supports for unique languages like Sinhala, Catalan, and many others.
7. Gmail holds 22.8% of the Global Email Market and Holds the First Rank.
Of all the email services available in the world, Gmail holds the first rank in all aspects like the number of users, revenue, and customer satisfaction. Gmail is currently the owner of 22.8% of the global email market.
8. Gmail Blocks over 100 Millon Spam Emails Daily.
Gmail blocks around 100 million spam emails daily with the help of automated machine learning. Only 1.5 spam email is able to trick the ML out of every 1000 spams to end up in your inbox. Google is planning to improve this and make your inbox completely spam-less by 2022.
How to Check Your Gmail Stats
The first step that most of the internet beginners take is creating their Gmail account. When you use Google’s services, it stores a lot of data about your online activity and knows so many things about you based on that. Gmail is an immensely popular emailing service from Google. The good thing is Google allows you to see what you have been doing on Gmail in a detailed statistics report.
If you are interested to know your Gmail stats, the procedure is very simple. Knowing about your stats could be useful in many aspects. Especially, if you are a power user who loves to stay an edge above over other people on the web.
[Steps to Follow to Know your Gmail Stats]
Follow these simple steps in order to know about your Gmail stats.
- Step-1: Open Gmail in a web browser and click on your profile picture present in the top right of the screen.
- Step-2: Now click on the Google Account button in blue. This will take you to the Google Account Management Page.
- Step-3: Next, find and click on Manage your data & personalization.
- Step-4: Then, scroll down and click on Go to Google Dashboard. Alternatively, you can click here and directly go to your Google Dashboard.
- Step-5: When Google prompts, enter your Google account password.
- Step-6: On the Dashboard, click on Gmail from the list of all the services.
- Step-7: Now you can see your Gmail stats inside a rectangular box.
That’s it. These are the basic statistics of your Gmail account that could be very useful sometimes.
Use Gmail Meter to Know More Advanced Gmail Stats of your Account
Gmail Meter is a special script that allows you to view the advanced Gmail stats of your account. A lot of data students and email marketers use it to understand their email usage behavior. You can also use this tool to know a lot more about your Gmail account like who interacted the most with you on Gmail, what is the peak time for email traffic, and many more.
There is also a Chrome extension known as Monthly Stats for Gmail that runs on the first day of every month and sends you an email with all the useful stats of your Gmail account.
You can add this extension to your browser and get the statistics automatically every month in an easier way. Also, you can get a custom report of your account using it.
Gmail is one massively used email service provider. Every 9 people out of 10 on the internet have a Gmail account. These are some of the very interesting Gmail facts that are worth reading and sharing with your friends and colleagues. If you know about some more of these, let me know in the comments below. Checking your own stats is interesting and useful at the same time.
That’s all for this post. I hope you find it helpful. If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to use the comment box.