Chegg is a great platform for learning. However, there are times when you no longer want to use it. In this situation, you’ll wonder how to cancel my Chegg Subscription. If you are finding a way to solve the above question, this post is specifically written for you.
Here, I will guide you like a Chegg tutor in canceling a Chegg subscription. I will explain canceling all types of Chegg plans, including the tutor one. So, you won’t have to struggle while ending your involvement with this great virtual learning platform.
- 1 Cancel Your Chegg Subscription Within a Few Minutes
- 2 How to Cancel your Chegg account if you’re subscribed as a tutor?
- 3 How to delete your Chegg account permanently?
- 4 Best Chegg Alternatives to Use If you are planning to Switch
- 5 Final Verdict
Cancel Your Chegg Subscription Within a Few Minutes
Chegg is a tremendous online learning platform for students where they can gain invaluable knowledge. However, it comes with a subscription that is auto-renewable by default. If you are planning to take a break from your studies or no longer need Chegg, it is advisable to cancel your Chegg subscription. Or else, you’d be losing your hard-earned money for free.
The process of canceling a Chegg subscription vastly depends on what you’ve signed up for and how you’ve signed up for. There are certain things that I’d like you to know before moving further with the cancellation. Take a look at them:
- Your subscription method will determine your cancellation-Cancellation of your Chegg services can be done via the platform you used to subscribe. If the subscription was done from iTunes or Google Play, then the same platforms should be used to unsubscribe.
- Uninstalling the app doesn’t end your subscription- If you’ve stopped using the Chegg app and decided to uninstall then don’t be under the impression that your subscription will be canceled. To unsubscribe and avoid future charges continue reading the article.
- You can also Pause your Chegg subscription- If you are planning to stop using Chegg for only a limited period of time, like a month or two, you can pause your subscription, instead of canceling it.
Now that you know everything, let’s quickly jump to the step-wise guide.
How to Cancel Chegg if the subscription is done via Chegg.com?
The most popular way to subscribe to Chegg is via the official website. So, if you have subscribed to Chegg via Chegg.com, these are the steps that you have to follow:
- Open a browser and visit Chegg.com.
- Log in to your account.
- On the top right corner of your screen, click on the orange icon and then select my account from the pop-up box.
- In the subscription settings, click on Cancel membership next to the Chegg app.
- Mention the reason for cancellation.
- Receive cancel confirmation and proceed.
That’s it. You will receive a notification that your subscription has ended but you will have access to the services until the end of your current billing period.
Cancel Chegg if the subscription is done via iTunes
If you have subscribed to Chegg via iTunes, this is how you can cancel your subscription:
- Log in to your Apple ID, either via the iTunes app or the app settings from your iPhone or iPad.
- Under Settings, click on Manage Subscriptions.
- Go to Chegg subscription, and then tap on ‘Cancel Subscription.’
- Click on Save or Done.
That’s it. The process is simple and straightforward.
How to Cancel Chegg Account if the subscription is done via Google Play?
If you have subscribed to Chegg via Google Play Store, this is how you can cancel your subscription:
- Sign in to your Google Play account either via Android settings or visit play.google.com
- Under the settings option, click on Subscriptions.
- From the application drop-down list, select the Chegg app
- Click on Cancel.
- Confirm your choice.
How to Cancel your Chegg account if you’re subscribed as a tutor?
If you have subscribed to Chegg as a tutor but want to cancel your membership, the process is a bit different than the ones mentioned above. Here are the steps that you have to follow:
Step-1: Open a browser, visit Chegg’s official website, and log in to your Chegg tutor’s account.
Step-2: On the top right corner of your screen click on the orange icon and then select My Account from the pop-up box.
Step-3: Now, click on your Orders.
Step-4: Under the subscription settings, click on Change/Cancel membership.
Step-5: Finally, click on ‘Unsubscribe anyway’ to cancel the membership. You can also set your subscription to “Pay as you go” to avoid recurring charges and then select ‘Save changes.’
That’s it. Remember that you’ll lose access to your unused tutoring minutes after canceling your tutor’s subscription. However, you can request a refund by e-mailing Chegg wherein you can request them to reinstate your unused tutoring minutes or refund the amount equivalent to the unused tutoring minutes to your card.
How to delete your Chegg account permanently?
After canceling Chegg, you can choose to delete your account permanently if you have decided that you no longer need your account. Terminating your Chegg account will lead to losing all your saved data, history, and other information. You can’t undo this procedure. Make sure you know what you are going to do.
Once ready, you can do the following:
- Raise a ticket from Chegg support to permanently delete your account.
- Write a mail requesting to delete your account permanently. Make sure you mention a genuine reason to delete.
- You can also contact a Chegg co-ordinator to do the same.
This is how you can initiate the deletion of your Chegg account permanently. It wouldn’t be instant but will take around 30-days for them to delete your Chegg account. In case you change your mind, you can let them during this duration. After that, your account would become non-existent.
Best Chegg Alternatives to Use If you are planning to Switch
If you are planning to switch from Chegg to another Ed-Tech platform and looking for some suggestions, here are some great Chegg alternatives for you. You can use these to escalate your educational achievements, get study material, and solve all your school or college-related doubts.
These are some of the most useful platforms for students as well as educators.
Chegg acts like a very convenient companion for any student or educator. However, there comes a time when you have to bid Goodbye. This is how you can cancel your Chegg subscription on any device. One thing I’d like to suggest is to never stop learning throughout your life. Canceling an education platform subscription should not hinder your education.
That’s all for this post. I hope you find it insightful. Feel free to use the comment box to share your opinions about it. We are sorry for your loss, Chegg.