Twitter is one of the most used social networking platforms, especially by Influencers. There are many useful and important videos available on Twitter that make you think about downloading them. But, not everyone knows the procedure to download Twitter videos. I’ll help you with that.
In this post, I will guide you on how to download Twitter videos using different methods. So, the next time you find a video worth saving offline, you can download it to your storage.
Full Guide to Download Twitter Videos
Twitter is a social networking platform that is full of media files including photos and videos. There are a lot of good videos on Twitter that you’ll want to download to view later or share directly to your friends or followers. However, Twitter doesn’t provide a direct method to download videos from the platform. If you want to download an image, the process is simple. You just have to right-click on the picture, select Save the image as from the context menu and save it.
But, the process is not that direct when it comes to videos. If you want to download videos from Twitter, you must seek help from credible third-party tools. Here, I will tell you about using the right tools on the right platforms. I’ll explain how to download Twitter videos on Android, iOS, and PC.
1. How to Download Twitter Videos on Android
If you use the Twitter app on your Android mobile or tablet and find videos worth saving, then you can download them to the storage using a third-party app known as Twitter Video Downloader. It is a lightweight, fast, and simple app that allows you to download Twitter videos on your Android device. It is also able to download GIFs from Twitter.
Here is a detailed step-wise guide to know what you need to do.
- Download and Install Twitter Video Downloader from the Play Store.
- Go to the Twitter app and open the video you want to download.
- Now tap on the Share icon and then select Share Tweet via…
- From the list of options, choose the Twitter Video Downloader app. You will be redirect to the app then.
- Here, tap on the Download icon. You can also select the video resolution.
Alternatively, you can copy the tweet that contains the video and paste the link into the Twitter Video Downloader app, and then click on the Download icon.
That’s it. This is how you download Twitter videos on Android mobiles and tablets.
2. How to Download Twitter Videos on iOS
You can also download the videos you like on Twitter on your iPhone or iPad. In iOS devices too, you have to take help from third-party tools to save Videos from Twitter. Here, you will have to use two tools: (i) Documents by Readdle and (ii) TWDOWN.net. The first one is a well-known tool to read, manage, and annotate PDF and other file types on iOS devices.
And, the second one is an online tool to download videos from Twitter.
Here is a step-wise guide that you need to follow to download Twitter videos on your iPhone or iPad.
- Install the Documents by Readdle app from the App Store.
- Launch the Twitter app on your iOS device and open the video you want to download.
- Copy the link of the Tweet.
- Now open the Documents app and tap on the compass button present on the lower right corner of the screen. This will provide browser access to the app.
- Next, launch Safari and head over to TWDOWN.net and paste the link of the tweet containing video.
- Select the resolution and format in which you want to download the video and tap on the Download button.
- When you tap on the download button, you will be asked to choose a name and location for the video by Documents app. Select a suitable name and location. The video will be downloaded then.
- Once it is downloaded, go to the Documents app and head over to the Documents folder.
- Here, tap on the menu to access sharing options.
- Select the video you downloaded and tap on the Share button and then choose Camera Roll or iCloud Photo Sharing.
That’s it. This is how you download a video from Twitter to your iPhone or iPad.
3. How to Download Twitter Videos on PC
You can also download the videos you like on Twitter from your PC directly from the browser. You will just need a good third-party tool to do that. There are several online tools available to download videos on PC. You can use them to not only download videos from Twitter, but from other social media platforms like Youtube, Instagram, and many others as well. Here are some of the best online tools to download videos from social media platforms.
Follow the steps mentioned below to know what you need to do.
- Open a browser, preferably Chrome and go to Twitter.com and open the video you want to download.
- Copy the link of the tweet from the address bar.
- Open another tab and visit any of the above listed Online Tool to Download Videos.
- Here, paste the link you copied earlier.
- Select the video resolution and format, and then click on the Download button. The video will be downloaded to the storage then.
That’s it. You can view the video in the Downloads folder if you haven’t change the default downloading path of the browser.
That’s how you download Twitter videos on Android, iOS, and PC. You now know about some of the best Twitter videos downloading tools available on the web. If you know about some more good ones, let me know in the comments below. There could be various reasons to download videos from Twitter. These methods can help you with all of them. Using these tools, you can download any video you like and watch it later without the internet. Or, you can share them with your contacts over WhatsApp or Telegram.
That’s all for this post. I hope it helps you to learn what you wanted. If you have any queries, doubts, or suggestions related to anything mentioned in this post, feel free to use the comments section. I’ll be glad to listen and respond.