Jailbreaking is something that is widely associated with iOS devices and FireSticks. In both cases, a jailbreak will let a user access features that were unavailable because of software restrictions placed on them by the manufacturers. In this article, we are going to tell you how to jailbreak Firestick and Firestick 4k in 2020.
We are also going to talk about the reasons for jailbreaking a Firestick and the legal issues with it. Don’t worry if you are new to jailbreaking devices. Jailbreaking a Firestick is pretty simple.
Why Should I Jailbreak Firestick?
Firestick is an amazing device that lets you stream a ton of content to your TV. However, Amazon will only let you download apps from the Amazon App Store and that is pretty restrictive in my opinion, especially since Firesticks run on Android. Jailbreaking a Firestick device will let you sideload anything you want and it basically lets you get more out of the device.
Will Jailbreaking Damage My Firestick?
Jailbreaking an iPhone and jailbreaking a Firestick are two different things. In the latter’s case, all you have to do is change a few settings and you don’t have to install a custom firmware at all. The process is extremely safe and you are not going to render your device useless. Android supports a large number of apps and this is why jailbreaking Firestick makes it a completely different beast.
Is Jailbreaking Firestick 4K Illegal?
Jailbreaking a Firestick is legal because you’re simply changing a few settings. The installation of unauthorized apps is also legally fine. However, pirating TV shows or movies using the jailbroken Firestick will break copyright laws and that’s considered illegal. If you are planning on doing this, I’d ask you to stay safe and use a VPN.
How to Jailbreak Firestick Easily?
In this section, we will discuss how to jailbreak Firestick easily for free. These instructions are extremely simple and you will have a jailbroken Firestick in no time. You can use this method to jailbreak every Fire TV model too.
To jailbreak a Firestick, all you have to do is:
- Turn on Firestick and find Settings on the Home page.
- Select Preferences.
- Go to Privacy Settings and turn off Device Usage Data, Collect App Usage Data and Interest-Based Ads. If you don’t see these settings, don’t worry, just skip them.
- Go back to Preferences. Open up Data Monitoring and turn it off. If this Setting is also not available on your device, you can just skip it.
- In Preferences, Open up Featured Content settings and turn everything off.
- Return to the Settings menu and select My Fire TV.
- Open up Developer Options and then turn on Apps From Unknown Sources. Your device is now jailbroken.
- To sideload apps, the first thing that you are going to need is the Downloader app. You can download it from the Amazon App Store by just searching for it.
- Open the app and select Allow.
You now have a jailbroken app, but that’s useless if you don’t know how to fully utilize its features. Like we mentioned earlier, jailbreaking your Firestick will give you access to all android apps and there are millions of choices. We are going to take a look at Kodi and Aptoide installations. These apps are arguably two of the most important apps you’ll need on your Firestick device.
Jailbreaking Firestick With Kodi
Kodi is an app that will let you stream free movies and other content. It is an extremely popular app that was removed from the Amazon App store a few years ago. Jailbreaking the Firestick device lets you install the Kodi app and enjoy free movies.
- Open the Downloader app.
- Press the OK button on your remote to enter the URL http://bit.ly/kodi-176. Click on Go.
- Install Kodi and open it up after the installation. If you see a pop-up that asks you to delete the apk, go for it. This will help you save space on your Firestick.
- Next, hit Allow. Kodi is installed and ready for use.
- After that, return to the Home page and click See All under Apps & Channels.
- Hover over Kodi and press the Options button on your remote. Select Move to Front.
Jailbreaking Firestick With Aptoide
If you’re familiar with sideloading apps on your Android, then you are probably familiar with Aptoide too. It’s an alternative to the Google Play Store and the Amazon App Store. You can find tons of apps here that are unavailable on the Amazon App store and it’s a must-have for all jailbroken Firestick devices.
- Open Downloader and enter the URL http://bit.ly/2lxAvt3. Click on Go.
- After installation, delete the apk to free up space and open up Aptoide.
- Give Aptoide storage permission by pressing Allow.
- Go back to the Home page and select See All under Apps & Channels.
- Highlight Aptoide and press Options on your remote. Select Move to Front.
If you wanted to know how to jailbreak Firestick – all methods and process, then this is all you need. I hope that you found this article helpful and you can now install your favorite Android apps and watch your favorite movies. If you have any doubts about the methods or any suggestions, please let me know in the comments section down below and I will get back to you as soon as we can.