Are you looking to lock your Facebook profile? Well, you have come to the right place then. Here in this article, we are going to talk about the necessary steps on how to lock Facebook profiles. Have a look and learn the easy way to secure your profile from online frauds and spams.
From anonymous stalkers to online fraudulent, have you ever been bothered about the privacy of your Facebook profile data? An annoying comment on your latest profile picture to an inappropriate message on your inbox from a person whom you don’t even know in your whole lifetime, all of these nuisances have always bugged us. These things become common, especially if you are a woman. However, the days are over now as Facebook India has come up with a new feature. Now Facebook users can lock their profiles.
The Public Policy Director of Facebook India Ankhi Das has confirmed that the measures have been taken particularly to help women and ensure their security.
Wondering what are the particular changes your Facebook profile receives when you choose to lock your profile? Have a look below to get the full scoop!
- 1 What specific changes happen when you lock your Facebook Profile?
- 2 How to Lock Facebook Profiles?
- 3 Pro-Tips to Protect Your Privacy if Facebook Lock is Not Available For You
What specific changes happen when you lock your Facebook Profile?
When you lock your Facebook profile, non-friend Facebook users get a limited view of your profile content. If you lock your profile, only your friends can see the following things on your profile and persons, not in your friend list does not get access to this information:
- Photos and Posts on your timeline
- Your full-size profile picture or cover photo
- Your Facebook stories
- New posts and photos from you
Alongside that, in the past, if you have shared any post, the privacy of that post will be changed into Friends from Public. Apart from that, the option of timeline review and tag review will be turned on automatically. Hence, no one can tag you in anything except your consent. Only a portion of your About info from your profile will be shown to non-friend Facebook users. When you choose to lock your Facebook profile, the non-friend Facebook users can’t even click a screenshot while checking out your profile.
How to Lock Facebook Profiles?
Locking your Facebook profile is a simple and easy five steps process. Follow the steps here and learn how to lock Facebook profile:
Step 1: Firstly, log in to your Facebook profile from the Facebook Android application
Step 2: Now tap on the Profile view option
Step 3: Then tap on the three dots beside the blue ‘Add to story’ button to open your Facebook profile settings
Step 4: Now, from the Profile settings window tap on the Lock Profile option in the list
Step 5: Finally, as the new window opens, click on the ‘Lock your profile’ button
Thus, by enabling the feature, you can rest assured that only your friends view your posts. It is still not clear that unknown people or non-friends can send you messages on messenger even if the security feature is enabled. Facebook also confirmed the Lock Profile with an additional blue badge.
The new lock feature is only available for Facebook Android users. Therefore, if you use Facebook from your computer and iOS device and don’t have an Android device, then you can’t lock your profile using this feature. However, there are several other Privacy settings you can apply to get things sorted. Here is what you can do to protect your Facebook profile data if you are a Facebook computer or iOS app user.
Pro-Tips to Protect Your Privacy if Facebook Lock is Not Available For You
From using Privacy Checkup to using the timeline and tag review features, there are certain options you can try if you are using Facebook from a computer or iOS. Here we have discussed 5 ways you can follow to protect your Facebook data without locking your profile.
Use Privacy Checkup
Follow the steps below to proceed through a Privacy Checkup on your profile:
- Log in your Facebook profile and open Settings and Privacy options.
- Then, from there, click on the Privacy Checkup button.
- Now, review the following things in Privacy Checkup:
- Who can see the posts you share
- How to keep your account secure
- How other people can find you on Facebook
- The data settings you have on Facebook
Change Story Privacy Settings
You can choose with whom you want to share your Facebook stories. Here is how you can do it:
- Log in to your Facebook profile
- Now, change your story privacy to Friends and connections or Friends
- Select Hide Story From
- Finally, choose the specific people with whom you don’t want to share your story and select on Save.
Turn on Timeline and Tagging Review
You can easily turn on the Timeline and Tagging review option to stop people from unnecessarily tagging you in their posts. Follow these steps below and get the job done.
- Login to your Facebook account and open ‘Settings & Privacy.’
- Now, click on Timeline and Tagging
- Locate the option ‘Review posts you’re tagged in before the post appears on your timeline’ and click on the Edit option at the right
- Finally, select Enabled
Turn on Profile Picture Guard
You can turn on the profile picture guard and restrict unauthorized persons from sharing and downloading your profile picture. These are the steps you need to follow to turn on the Profile Picture Guard on your profile.
- Login to your profile and click on your profile picture.
- Then, click on the Options button there and select Turn On Profile Picture Guard
- Finally, click Save to save the setting.
Review Who Can Friend and Follow You
You can change the privacy settings of your profile and decide who can send you friend requests and who can follow you. Go through the steps below to learn how to change the settings,
- Open Facebook Privacy Settings from your Facebook profile
- Then click on the Privacy button at the left column
- Now click on the Edit button beside ‘Who can send you friend requests?’ option
- Then from the drop-down menu select Everyone or Friends of Friends
- After that get back to the Settings and select Public Posts there
- Finally, beside the option ‘Who Can Follow Me’ choose between Friends or Public
Anyway, Folks! We have already shared all the relevant information about how to lock Facebook profiles. Additionally, we have shared 5 ways you can protect your privacy if the Facebook lock feature is not available to you. If you have further queries, don’t forget to mention it in the comment box. We will definitely get back to you.