Sometimes you may accidentally delete really good photos from your Instagram profile. Then, you’d instantly feel the need to recover deleted Instagram photos. However, there isn’t a direct option on Instagram that lets you do that. So, you’d have to use special workarounds. The fortunate thing is that it is entirely possible to get them back.
If you want to learn about the same, this post is specially written for you. Here, I will guide you on how to recover deleted Instagram photos on Android, iOS, or PC. So, you will be able to get back those amazing pictures on any device you own.
- 1 How to Recover Deleted Instagram Photos on Android, iPhone & PC?
- 2 Final Take
How to Recover Deleted Instagram Photos on Android, iPhone & PC?
Instagram is the most popular photo-sharing social media platform for us. We regularly keep posting our life moments as stories and posts on it. Sometimes, we mistakenly delete photos from our profile or sometimes we delete some pictures but regret the decision later. In such situations, you’ll find yourself looking for ways to recover deleted Instagram photos.
However, there is no recycle bin or trash bin available on Instagram nor you can press CTRL+Z. But, don’t feel sad as it is possible to get the deleted photos back. You have to rely on special methods to do that. I’ll present methods for any device you own whether it is an Android smartphone, iPhone, or PC.
Let’s move further to the methods of recovering lost Instagram photos on various devices.
How to Recover Deleted Insta Photos on Android?
There are multiple ways to recover Instagram photos on Android smartphones or tablets. You can use any method you like according to your ease.
Method-1: Recover from File Manager
The photos that you post on Instagram are backed up in the photo albums of your smartphone. From there, you can restore the deleted photos if you haven’t deleted them from there already. Follow these steps to know what you have to do.
- Open the default File Manager of your smartphone.
- Find and tap on the Pictures folder. Sometimes, it is present inside the DCIM folder.
- Next, go to the Instagram folder.
- Check for the photos here and you can move them to any folder you like.
Tip: You can also check the Gallery app or any Photo Editing app’s folder if you have used it to edit the picture before posting on Instagram.
Method-2: Use a Photo Recovery App
There are multiple photo recover apps available on the Play Store. You can use them to recover any lost photos from your Android device. I’d recommend using Disk Digger as it works really great. I have personally tried it. The app is free and simple. You just have to install the app, launch it, scan the storage, and recover the deleted photos you like.
For even better results, you can try the Disk Digger pro version.
Some other good photo recovery apps for Android are these:
- Deleted Photo Recovery Workshop
- Photo Recovery- Ztool
- Deleted Photo Recovery
- Recover Deleted Photos- Softo
You can use any of these according to your choice.
2. Recover Deleted Instagram Photos on iPhone
iPhone is a savior when it comes to getting back deleted photos. You can find the photos you post on Instagram in the Camera Roll easily. But, even if you have deleted them from there, there is one more solution. Follow these steps to know about that.
- Go to the Photos app and then tap on Albums.
- Now find and tap on Recently Deleted.
- Here, you will find all the photos that you recently deleted from your device.
- You can tap on any picture and then tap on Recover to restore it.
That’s it. Remember that you’ll only find the photos deleted within the last 30 days in the ‘Recently Deleted’ folder.
There is one more method to get back the Instagram photos on your iPhone or iPad. You can use an app known as Recover- Data Recovery & Backup. The app allows you to restore photos, videos, and other important data that you accidentally deleted from an iPhone.
You just have to install the app from the App Store, launch it, and start the recovery. It is free to use, simple, and very helpful at each step.
Recover Deleted Instagram Photos on PC
The deleted photo recovery is even possible on your computer. For that, you’ll have to use a reliable ‘Photo recovery software.’ I’d recommend using the Stellar Photo Recovery tool. It is one of the best options to use out there. Below are the steps that you need to follow in order to use it.
- Download and install Stellar Photo Recovery software on your computer and run it.
- If you want to recover photos from a mobile, then connect it to your computer using a USB cable. If not, continue without connecting it.
- Now choose the location from where you want to recover the pictures on the home screen.
- Run the scan and wait. Once you see the ‘Scanning completed successfully’ dialog, check the results.
- You can see the recovered data in the left pane and their preview in the right one.
- If you see the files that you want to recover here, simply click on Recover. You can also recover the photos selectively by right-clicking them and then choosing to Recover.
- If not, select the Deep Scan option present at the bottom.
- Once you have found the photos and opted to recover them, specify the location to save them and click on Save.
That’s it. This is how you can recover deleted Instagram photos by using Stellar Photo Recover. You can also use other software of your choosing to do that.
Mistakenly deleting photos from your Instagram profile is saddening. But, this is how you can get them back. Another way to get back the deleted pictures is by restoring them through cloud backup like Google Drive, Mi Cloud, etc. But, that is only possible when you have made a backup at some point in time.
I’d recommend that you should consider archiving photos instead of deleting them whenever you don’t like one. So, you can unarchive them anytime. That’s all for this post. I hope you find it helpful.