The rate of telecommunication has slashed greatly in the last few years as a consequence of which the number of Internet users hiked gigantically. In this day and age, the majority of the people seek to pursue a career online as a Freelancer, Blogger, Vlogger, Game Streamer, etc. Online game streaming has become a very engrossing and voguish option to pursue a career; it all started with youtube live gaming. And now, there are several other online game streaming platforms where people can stream games or enjoy live streams of other gamers.
Twitch is at the pinnacle of online game streaming platforms that allow users to stream games online along with enjoying the live stream of their favorite gamers. Today I have composed a comprehensive article on How to Stream on Twitch PC. I will mention some of the lavish features and superiorities of Twitch that makes it better than its rival game streaming platforms. So let us quicken up to the primary matter.
Some important points to be kept in mind before getting started:
- Twitch online streaming is a subsidiary company of Amazon, so if you are holding Amazon Prime membership, then you will automatically get Twitch Prime Subscription.
- Twitch is an online game streaming platform that allows you to stream games online and view online game streaming; it does not make your gaming console or computer faster or better.
Also Check: 12 Best Screen Recorder for Windows 10 & 8.1
How to Stream on Twitch?
As people choose to pursue a career in game streaming, Twitch has become a very popular game streaming option. Nowadays, the hype of game streaming has increased very much, there are many people who want to use Twitch for game streaming, but because of incomplete guidance, they lack confidence. I have compiled this article to help such people to start streaming on Twitch and become a popular gamer. Let us have a look at some of the factors important for streaming on Twitch.
Creating a Twitch Account
If you want to stream or enjoy streaming, then you need a Twitch account; creating a Twitch account does not include any hectic process, but few people may find it difficult. For such people, I have elaborated on all the steps below to help them in creating a Twitch account.
- Firstly visit the official Twitch tv website.
- On the homepage, you can see the signup option on the upper right-hand option, click on it.
- The next step is to fill out the form with your credentials and sign up.
- The last step is to verify your email id by clicking on the link received via mail.
- Voila, you have successfully created your Twitch account.
Once you are done creating your Twitch, the very next thing that you should do is customize your channel page; it the page that contains all the information about the streamer and the streaming channel. An appealing and quality description gives your page a professional touch. Moreover, you can change the theme and add the menu category as per your choice. A good channel page increases the number of viewers on the broadcast.
Streaming Over Computer or Laptop
If you are a real gamer, then you must be knowing that nothing can be better than a good gaming PC or laptop for the high-quality gaming experience. And you must be aware that most streamers use a computer for streaming instead of any gaming console. Let us have a quick look at the hardware and software specification that your system should have for quality gaming experience as well as streaming.
Minimum Hardware Specifications Required
Nowadays, games are so heavy that old systems are not capable of running them, below are some of the minimum specifications required in your system to run most of the games smoothly without any lagginess.
- Intel i5 7th generation 3.0 GHz Processor (or equivalent AMD or RYZEN processor)
- 8 Gb of Ram (Minimum)
- Nvidia 2 Gb Graphic Card or Equivalent(Minimum)
Installing a Good Broadcasting Software
If you want to stream games, then good broadcasting software is an essential need for your PC or laptop. Broadcasting software helps to record games and stream them online with the help of a streaming platform (Twitch). There are various game broadcasting softwares available online with varying features you can download the one you like. I have compiled this article in context to software called OBS (Open Broadcasting Software).
Steps To Stream on Twitch from PC
- Log in to your Twitch account and get the Stream Key from the setting.
- Start the OBS software and go to the setting section.
- In settings go to the “Stream” section and paste the stream key. Also in the dropdown box select “Twitch”.
- Then go to Setting > Output > Stream and set video bitrate to 2500 and audio bitrate to 160.
- The next step is to go to the Setting > Video and set the “Base Resolution”, “Output Resolution”, and “Fps” according to the specification of your hardware.
- Now head over to Setting > Audio set the sample rate to 40khz and select your mic and speaker from dropdown option.
- Start the game you want to stream at the background, then head back to OBS and on the bottom of main screen you will see a small + icon, click on it and add the game capture.
In the last few years, the hype of online game streaming has increased greatly; many people like to pursue their career in this field to make a living. One of the most important things needed to stream online is an online streaming platform. There are several online streaming platforms amongst which Twitch is one of the most popular. If you are new to this arena, then you may find some difficulties using this platform as it is quite complicated.
Today in this article, I have described How to Stream on Twitch with OBS, I have compiled a very comprehensive and detailed article. Share this article with your friends who are new to Twitch, and if you have any doubts or queries, feel free to ask me down in the comment section.