Instagram is the most happening place on the internet these days. Whatever people do. Wherever they go. Whomsoever they meet. Anything and Everything. People upload them on Instagram. So, there are a lot of fascinating stats and facts about Instagram. Here, I have handpicked the most interesting ones and will list over 50 Must-Know Instagram Stats.
All Instagram Stats That You Must Know
If you are an Instagram marketer, influencer, brand person or any other curious individual who is looking to get the best out of Instagram in 2020, you should carefully take all look at all these stats about our favorite Instagram.
History of Instagram
Some Key Instagram Stats Here:
- Instagram officially launched on 6th October 2010. Before ‘Instagram,’ it was also named ‘Burbn’ and ‘Codename.’
- The first-ever photo on the app was posted by Kevin Systrom (@kevin) on Jul 16, 2010. It was of his foot and his dog. He posted it when the app was still called Codename.
- Facebook bought Instagram for $1 billion on 9 April 2012. At that stage, it had around 30 Million users.
- Advertising for selected brands was introduced by Instagram in October 2013. While advertising for all brands started in September 2015.
- In August 2016, Instagram introduced ‘Stories.’ This feature became an instant hit.
- In June 2018, Instagram TV or IGTV started.
- Instagram released a unique feature called Instagram Music Sticker in June 2019.
- In 2019, Instagram had 1 Billion monthly active users.
Instagram Stats about Usage
Here are some Key Instagram Stats about its usage across the globe:-
- Instagram is the second most engaged network after Facebook.
- It has 1 Billion monthly active users. From these, 500 Million users use it every day.
- 63% of the users log in at least once a day.
- More than 50 billion photos are posted on Instagram. Over 100 Million posts are created every day.
- Instagram collects more than 5 Billion likes per day.
- Of the total accounts, 8% are fake while 30% are inactive.
Instagram Demographics Stats
Here are some notable Instagram Demographics stats in order to understand the trend:-
- Instagram is available in more than 60 Countries and supports 24 languages.
- 68% of the users are female while only 32% of users are male as of 2019.
- Android and iOS Instagram users are in an equal ratio of 50:50.
- Instagram has the most number of users from the USA (116 Million+), India (73 Million+) and Brazil (72 Million+).
- The network is most popular among teens and young adults. Around 70% of the users are under the age of 35 years.
- 32% of all internet users have an account on Instagram.
- 35% of Americans choose Instagram over any other social network.
Instagram Stats about Users
Here the most captivating Instagram users stats and facts that you shouldn’t miss:-
- Instagram is the second most downloaded app in both the Play Store and App Store.
- Footballer Christiano Ronaldo is the most followed celebrity on Instagram with over 196 Million followers.
- Singer Ariana Grande is the woman with the most number of followers (170 Million).
- A picture of an egg posted by @world_record_egg is the most liked photo on Instagram having over 53 Million likes. It surpassed the previous record of 18 Million likes on a post from Kylie Jenner on 14 January 2019.
- Instagram is the 4th Most downloaded app of the decade 2010-2019.
- IGTV App has over 4.3 Million downloads across the globe.
- 50% of the total users use the ‘Explore’ page regularly.
- 70% of users find Instagram helpful for shopping purposes.
Instagram Marketing Stats
Instagram is currently among the favorite platforms for digital marketers and entrepreneurs. Knowing about some intriguing stats can help you to build your brand faster. So, here are some Instagram marketing stats that you should not miss:-
- Instagram advertisements can reach over 850 Million users. And, among them, over 50 Million are active teen users (Age 13-17).
- The average range of payment that brands are paying for influencers per post is $100 to $2000. Renowned influencers are earning huge incomes only by posting photos and stories. For videos, brands pay $114 to $3,138, and least for stories.
- Instagram’s ad revenue in 2019 was forecasted to cross $10 Billion. In 2017, it was around $5 Billion.
- If everything continues as it is now, Instagram will earn over $12 Billion in 2020.
- According to the reports of various surveys, 73% of US Youth find Instagram as the best platform for the promotion of any product or service.
- US Marketers spend 31% of their ad budget on Instagram. The rest budget they spend on the newsfeed. And, they spend 69% of their ‘Influencer budget’ on Instagram. This is way more than any other social media platform. Youtube comes on second with 11% of the total budget.
Insta Stats about Businesses
- According to eMarketer, Instagram will be the second favorite platform for businesses in 2020. With more than 75% of US Businesses coming on Instagram this year. The first place will be held by Facebook which will have more than 86% of US Businesses.
- Stories from brands have a completion rate of 85%. And, one-third of the most-viewed stories on Instagram are from popular brands.
- Instagram owns 10.8% of ‘Social Referral Share’ to eCommerce websites. This isn’t huge compared to Facebook which owns 80% of it. But, Instagram is still in the second position here.
- More than 60% of the Businesses use location tags, @-mentions, polling stickers, and other interactive elements on Instagram to increase their activity.
- US Businesses with popular Instagram accounts saw a remarkable boost in their overall revenue in 2019.
Misc Instagram Stats
Here some more entrancing Instagram stats that you should take a look at. This is a mixture of interesting facts and statistics that may help you to understand things better.
- The most popular form of Instagram videos is ‘How-to’ Tutorials.
- Polling stickers gain greater attention from viewers in stories.
- The most used face filter on Instagram is hearty eyes. And, the most popular Giphy sticker in stories is the ‘heart love’ sticker. While the ‘Red heart’ is the most used emoji.
- More than 130 Million of Instagram users view posts about shopping every month.
- An average Instagram user will spend around 25 minutes on the platform every day.
- Instagram is the most popular social network among US Youth.
- Worldwide, Instagram is the 6th most popular social network.
- If you use the location tag in your post, you will have 79% more engagement.
- The photos with faces in them get 40% more likes on Instagram.
- More than 50% of Instagram captions use emojis.
- Globally, Pizza is the most Instagrammed food. Sushi holds second place on this list. Unsurprisingly, Coffee and Waffles are on number three and four.
- Most used hashtags on Instagram are #Love, #Instagood, #Photooftheday, #Fashion, and #Beautiful.
That’s all the Instagram stats and facts that everyone should know. If you know any more of these, do tell me in the comments and I’ll add them up after verification. Also, if you have any doubt, or need any help with Instagram, feel free to reach me using the comment box. Instagram is a fun place to be, and if you are on the right path, you can also earn while having fun.