Dashlane is probably the most feature-rich password manager out there. It is well-known to store your passwords in the most secure way. But, it is normal to have the- “Is Dashlane Safe?” question on your mind since passwords are the key to your everything. If you are looking for a proper answer, this post is written specifically for you.
Here, I will explain if Dashlane is safe, secure, and worth your money. This Dashlane Review will cover everything that you should know about this self-proclaimed ‘most trusted password manager in 2020.’
Dashlane – Overview
Dashlane is a feature-heavy freemium subscription-based password manager and digital wallet. The application is available for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. The company was founded in 2009 and launched its first software in 2012. Since then, it has gained more than 15 million users globally. It is known as one of the best, most trusted, and most secure password managers in the world.
Dashlane is more than just any strict password manager, it boasts a full list of features that include built-in VPN, digital wallet, password generator, form-autofill, and more. It also offers ‘identity theft-protection’ to the premium users. In short, Dashlane is an amazing password manager with many useful added features and a sleek user interface.
Key Features & Highlights
Dashlane is an impressive password manager. It provides great value for money. You will find plenty of very useful features with it. Here are the key features and highlights of Dashlane that you shouldn’t miss:
- Dashlane provides military-grade 256-bit AES encryption to store passwords.
- One-click password changer audits all the passwords in the vault and replaces the weaker ones in a click.
- The user interface is stylish but very simple to understand.
- Multi-factor authentication is available for added security.
- Free users also get 1 GB of encrypted data storage.
- It provides an unlimited VPN that is even able to unblock geo-restricted content like Netflix and more.
- They follow the zero-knowledge protocol. So, no one at Dashlane can view or access your stored data.
- Dashlane also provides a dark web monitoring service by partnering with SpyCloud.
- They offer very helpful 24×7 live customer support.
These are some of the reasons why it is known as the best in the industry.
Dashlane is a freemium application. You can use it for free, but in order to unlock the full potential, you have to purchase a premium plan. They offer different plans for individuals, families, and businesses. The free plan comes with basic features such as the allowance to save up to 50 passwords, personalized security alerts, auto-form filling, two-factor authentication, and 1 GB of encrypted data storage.
The premium plans allow you to truly experience the capabilities of Dashlane. You can save unlimited passwords, unlimited devices with sync, unlimited VPN, and many brilliant features. The individual premium plan costs $3.33 per month, which is billed annually for $39.99. The family plan costs $4.99/month and grants access to the family dashboard.
The business plan has two variants- Team and Business. The Team plan costs $5/month per user and the Business plan costs $8/month. They bill both the plans annually.
You should choose the plan according to your needs. If you are just a casual user looking to store passwords securely, the free plan is enough for you.
Is Dashlane Safe?
The most straightforward answer to this question is YES. Dashlane is an absolutely safe password manager that you can trust. It uses the industry-standard 256-bit AES encryption with a key that derives from the user’s master password. And, they don’t store either of them locally. They store them on AWS cloud servers.
The AES encryption makes sure that it is infeasible to obtain a user’s sensitive information without the knowledge of their master password. Even if one is able to crack the master password, it is extremely difficult to bypass Dashlane’s device authentication. In short, one cannot gain access to a Dashlane user’s account anyhow.
How Safe & Secure is Dashlane?
In 2016, a group of hackers tried to figure to crack through Dashlane’s security but they failed. The security protocols used by Dashlane are the reasons why it is the most secure password manager available. Take a look at the security protocols followed by Dashlane to ensure the utmost user safety.
- Everything you store within Dashlane is encrypted into an indecipherable string of random letters, numbers, and symbols.
- They don’t store the Master Password on their servers.
- They host data on Amazon AWS, which is the most trusted and secure server in the industry.
- Amazon provides 24-7-365 monitoring to Dashlane.
- Additionally, Dashlane hires ethical hackers to continually audit their software.
- They encrypt any data passing through their cloud with AES-256.
- The Master Password includes mixed-case letters and numbers that can’t be guessed.
- They allow you to enable two-factor authentication even with the free account. Additionally, Universal Second-Factor Authentication (U2F) and YubiKeys are also available.
Basically, no one sees your data or passwords once you put them into Dashlane. These are the reasons why it is one of the best options available.
Does it have any vulnerabilities?
Dashlane doesn’t have any vulnerabilities as of now. They continually audit and monitor their servers as well as software to find them. External sources also keep trying to find vulnerabilities in their products but none of them are successful yet. It hasn’t suffered a data breach ever. So, you can conclude that is is completely safe to use.
I’ve been a free account user for more than 6 months. I’m satisfied with their services and protection.
Should you use Dashlane?
Yes, why not, you can definitely use Dashlane. If you are looking for a good password manager, then it is one of the best available options. It is able to beat its competitions such as LastPass or 1Password. You will find a great list of features with it. If you are a casual user, a free account would be enough. But, if you are a professional, then I’d recommend choosing the premium plan.
The only problem I see with Dashlane is its pricing. It is a bit expensive than other similar tools. However, they cover it for up with their services. Some users have also reported that their customer service is not good, so make sure you do proper research before spending your money.
Is Dashlane Secure? Final Verdict
Dashlane is a popular password manager. It is one of the safest and most secure options available. People often worry and ask- “Is Dashlane safe?” Now you know the answer. You can even explain why it is one of the most secure tools to store your passwords.
That’s all for this post. I hope you find it helpful. For any queries or suggestions about Dashlane, feel free to use the comment box.