The iTunes has an invalid signature error normally occurs when your computer is unable to detect the digital signature to download the app. Digital signatures are practiced to authenticate the apps to guard the users against virus or malware. It appears that Windows often conflicts with the update of iTunes and shows the error message whenever the user tries to update the software package.
iTunes is a media player & a library, and a mobile device management app developed by Apple Inc. iTunes is used everywhere in this world to play digital files and to sync the iDevice with the PC. It is accessible on many platforms and is yet one of the most conventional music players in the music world. A number of distinct workarounds already there to resolve the problem is there. Begin with the initial one and go way down.
If you need to fix the Apple software with an invalid signature, first uninstall the program from your PC and then reinstall it. Now, click on the program icon that gives you the “invalid signature” error message. Drag that icon to the Trash icon to uninstall it from your PC. Insert the installation disc to install the Apple computer program on your PC into the DVD/ CD-ROM drive.
If you originally install your Apple computer program with the help of a file downloaded from the Internet, just open the Safari web browser to re-download that file. Now, click on the file icon to open the installation program. Then click on the Next button to reinstall the program. This will help you fix the “iTunes has an Invalid Signature” error report.
How to Fix iTunes has an Invalid Signature Error
There are several methods to fix this iTunes error but below-mentioned are the 3 most effective methods that can be implemented to fix this issue. One of the other method will definitely be of some use to you. Try them one-by-one!
Method 1: Install iTunes Update Package
Do not click the Ok to the error iTunes has an invalid signature as the iTunes downloaded installation package will be deleted if you click on OK.
- Apple Software update folder has to be accessed: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Apple\Apple Software Update, you will see the iTunes64 installation app and other service installation app there.
- Double click on the iTunes64.exe to install the update one step following the other step. After the installation gets completed, restart your PC to make the iTunes update work for the best.
Method 2: Install iTunes Update Package
- Explore https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/, then pick iTunes 32 bit or iTunes 64 bit to download and install. This will download the latest iTunes version on your PC. You need to check if Windows is 32-Bit or 64-Bit. For this. you can access the System Properties by right-clicking on This PC/Computer/My Computer and selecting Properties. And make certain that you are using the latest version of your Windows OS.
- Close the iTunes app before the installation, then double click the latest iTunes installation to install iTunes and this will detect the old iTunes version and tell you if it needs an update.
- Choose Repair when it prompts, this will repair the Apple Software Update, and reinstall & and update iTunes to the latest version.
- Then install it step by step to complete the iTunes installation process.
Methos 3: Change The Security Settings
When you see the iTunes has an invalid signature error message on your PC, try changing the security settings so that the software can be easily downloaded. You have to follow the steps stated below to change the security settings.
- First, press the Windows + R key at the same time to launch the Run box. Type “inetcpl.cpl” in the Run box and following that press Enter or hit OK.
- As soon as the Internet Properties window gets open, you have to go to the “Advanced” section.
- Now, scroll down the entire page and you have to look for the “Security” section.
- Tick the option – Allow the software to run or install even if the signature is invalid.
- Now click on the option Apply and then click on the OK button to save these settings.
- As you do so, restart your PC.
- After the PC gets started, you need to open the iTunes app and log into your account. Now hit on the “Help” option that is shown at the right top corner of the window.
- Then click on the “Check for Updates”. The available updates (if any) will be downloaded.
Trying any of the three methods mentioned above will help you fix this iTunes error. This issue might not come up again if these steps are performed. If this iTunes problem still persists then you can get in touch with the iTunes Support team to get over with this issue.
Leave a comment below if you think this information was helpful. We would love to hear back fot you.