In this era of digital education, Kahoot! has played a critical role for both the teachers and the students. It is a game-based learning platform where teachers can create quizzes and other learning activities for their students. The bad side to this story is that some cunning students are now trying to hack Kahoot to get better grades.
A simple search of Kahoot hacks will lead anyone, even an 8-years old to a bunch of scripts and keys that can be used to manipulate the way how Kahoot works. There are many Kahoot hacks like the Auto-answer script, Score changer, etc. In this post, I will put light on all of them along with simplified instructions on how they work.
- 1 How Kahoot! is Working Towards the Future of Education?
- 2 How do people Hack Kahoot?
- 3 What Teachers Should do to Block Spammers/Hackers?
- 4 Final Verdict
How Kahoot! is Working Towards the Future of Education?
Kahoot! is a widely used gamified learning platform. A lot of schools and educational institutions are now preferring platforms like Kahoot to educate their students. It allows the teachers to interact with the students in a more interesting and fun way. Especially, when the schools and colleges were shut down, Kahoot played a critical role to help students stay connected with their studies.
Teachers and students can use Kahoot on their mobile, tablet, laptop, or PC. It has a mobile app and a website. Using either of them, teachers can turn regular activities like classroom lectures, tests, etc into game-based quizzes and competitions.
Students can participate in the competition using the “PIN.” They can also earn points and even some very interesting prizes. All of this has helped revolutionize the concept of education during tough times. As a result, Kahoot managed to reach new heights every single day.
Is it Possible to Hack Kahoot Easily?
It is a popular belief that anything connected to the internet can be hacked, someday, in some way. The same is the case with Kahoot. Any person with basic knowledge of ethical hacking can crack through the security protocols of Kahoot.com. Although hacking the Kahoot mobile app is not so simple.
But, there have been incidents of hackers exploiting certain bugs and loopholes of the Kahoot app to bypass its security protocols. That’s why it is actually possible to hack Kahoot on the website as well as the app (specifically, an older version of the Kahoot app). And, this has been a way of having fun and trolling their teachers for some blatant students.
How do people Hack Kahoot?
Apart from this, some students don’t hack Kahoot but still, they manage to cheat in the tests provided by their teachers using simple tricks. I’m sharing both of these things below. You can go through them to find out how easy and simple it has become for exploiters to cheat on Kahoot.
Method-1: Using Kahoot Hack Browser Extensions
There are many Chrome browser extensions available on the web that helps you in hacking Kahoot. You just need to add them to Chrome on your PC, activate them while taking the quiz, and that’s it. Remember that these extensions only work for the Kahoot website, and not for the Kahoot mobile application.
Here are some examples of such Chrome extensions that are built to hack or cheat on Kahoot.com:
1. Kahoot Auto Answer Hack: This multifunctional Chrome extension exploits website bugs to find and guess the correct answer to every question in the quiz correctly. The key features of this program include fetching answers automatically, altering the number of points won per question and failing the test on purpose.
2. Kahoot Flooder/Spammer: This Chrome extension is used to flood the Kahoot website with random bots. The bots then send multiple answers to the questions in the quiz. All of this confuses and troubles the teacher.
3. Invisible Kahoot Name: This Chrome extension will make your name Kahoot invisible. No one will be able to see your name and space next to your answers will remain empty.
4. Kahoot Keys: This Chrome extension allows you to answer questions on Kahoot without using the mouse. You can simply send the answers with the first four number keys on the keyboard. This is not a hack but more like a “help-tool.”
Along with these, there are many other such extensions available in the Chrome Web Store.
Method-2: Using Scripts, Keys & Websites
Some more advanced spammers who know how the internet works rely on certain scripts, keys, and websites to hack into the Kahoot ecosystem. They generally do this to ace the quiz and have fun. Here are some examples of such Kahoot hacks.
1. Mem-rip/Kahoot: It is the most popular website to hack Kahoot. You will find multiple hacks available here to cheat and spam in any Kahoot test.
2. Kahoot Rocks: This website will help you to bypass the username and appear in the test without recording any progress. When it is active, the system will not record your responses and scores.
3. Kahoot Ninja: This website provides two main scripts for hacking Kahoot. One supports bot spamming the quiz while the other allows you to fetch answers automatically.
4. GoDoc.org/HackPackage: This website offers a complete suite of tools to hack on Kahoot.com. Their suite contains multiple command-line tools and a Go Package for other Go Programs to interact with.
5. Kahoot Winner: This website allows you to win every Kahoot game that you take part in automatically. You just have to enter your details on their portal to win the game.
Method-3: Simple Tricks to Cheat on Kahoot
Apart from the above-mentioned hacks, some students use simple tricks to cheat on Kahoot quizzes. Some of the tricks that those students use are available below:
- Ask their friends to share the answers when they find them.
- Capture the answer when it is shown on the board mistakenly.
- Use Kahoot! website in two tabs. Run the game in one tab, and sign in with a spare account on another. After they find the pack on which the game is running, they can easily find all the answers.
- Take help from their friends or the smart kids of the class.
- Find all the potential packs and note down their answers.
A lot of teachers now acknowledge these tricks and know about how to limit them. Still, there are a lot of teachers who are innocent and don’t know that their students are trying to exploit the system.
What Teachers Should do to Block Spammers/Hackers?
There are some special measures that teachers should follow to prevent their students from hacking Kahoot. Using them will minimize the annoying experiences of spamming or crashing the Kahoot games. The first thing the teachers should do is to make sure that all of their students are using the latest version of the Kahoot app.
None of them should be using the Kahoot website or older versions of the app. Those are more vulnerable to exploits and spam. Teachers should also stop leaking information or hints to any of the students as they can end up spreading it. They should not share the PIN way ahead of time.
There are many Kahoot-like websites and third-party apps available on the app. Teachers should not try them and stay with Kahoot. These are some simple precautions that can help make the change.
A lot of students are nowadays trying to hack Kahoot to look “Cool.” They don’t have any purpose. They are just doing it for the sake of annoying their teachers and impressing their friends. However, this isn’t how things work. If you are reading this post as a student, I’d strongly recommend that you stop indulging in such activities as they will only waste your time and impact your future adversely.
Instead, you should study honestly, acknowledge the efforts of your teachers, and appear in the quizzes sincerely. This will actually make an impact somewhere down the line. That’s all for this post.