Are you looking for ways to recover the deleted, missing, or lost call logs on your smartphone? If yes, this post is specially written to help you. Here, I will guide you on how to recover deleted call logs on an Android mobile or an iPhone. I will list all the possible methods. So, you can pick them depending upon your ease.
- 1 Guide – Recover Deleted Call Logs on any Device
Guide – Recover Deleted Call Logs on any Device
Call logs are the total history of the numbers that called you or you called them. It has dialed, received, and missed calls. Storing the call logs is often hard, and people tend to lose them. But, knowing about recovering the lost call logs is essential as it may contain important numbers that you haven’t saved. If you are also someone like me, who uses the call log to dial numbers, then you must go through this guide and learn how to recover deleted call logs on any mobile.
Call logs are stored on both Android and iOS devices, but they are not backed up directly like the other data files. So, when you accidentally delete or lost the call logs, you will need special methods to recover them. I’ll just explain those special methods here.
Recover Deleted Call Logs on Android
We’ll begin by taking a look at how we can recover the deleted call logs on android mobile. Basically, there are 3 methods through which you can do that. All of them require you to take help from a third-party tool. Let’s take a closer look at all 3 of those methods.
1. Use Undeleter app to restore the call log
Undeleter is a popular app to recover the deleted data on an android mobile or sd card. You can also use this app to recover the deleted call logs on your android smartphone.
Note: You will need to root your android device in order to use Undeleter. If you have a non-rooted Android device and don’t want to root it, just skip to another method directly.
Follow these steps in order to use the Undeleter app to recover the call logs.
- Download and install the Undeleter app from Play Store on your rooted android mobile.
- Launch the app and tap on Next to proceed.
- A window will pop-up asking you for the root permissions. Tap on Allow to grant the permissions.
- Undeleter will then start testing the root access. Tap on Next to proceed further.
- Now you need to select the specific category to recover the remove data. Also, select the device.
- Select Journal Scan to scan all the deleted data.
- Once the scanning is done, recover from the location where the call history is stored.
- Switch to the Restore tab and check the restoration process.
- Wait patiently and keep following the on-screen instructions.
That’s it. When you complete the whole procedure, you’ll get back the call history.
2. Use a Third-Party Android Recovery Software
There are many android recovery tools available on the web. You can use any good recovery software here. I’d recommend using Wondershare Android Recovery by Dr. Fone. This one is an amazing tool to recover a variety of data from Android devices.
Note: You have to turn on USB Debugging on your android smartphone in order to use this method. To turn USB Debugging on, go to Settings-> About-> Developer options-> USB Debugging-> Turn On. Also, you will need a computer and a USB cable.
- Download and install Wondershare Android Recovery by Dr. Fone on your computer.
- Run the software.
- Connect your smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.
- When the Recovery software detects your Android device, click on Next to proceed.
- Now click on Recover Phone Data present on the left pane.
- Scanning will start.
- Once the scanning is complete, select the file type you want to recover. You have to choose Call history here.
- Finally, click on Recover. Just wait until the tool restores your call history.
That’s it. You can also use this method to recover a variety of lost data on Android.
3. Use the EaseUs Android Data Recovery App
EaseUs is a well-known android data recovery application. You can use this app to recover your lost Android data like images, videos, messages, and also call history.
Note: You will need to root your android device in order to use EaseUS app. If you have a non-rooted Android device and don’t want to root it, you can’t use this method.
- Download and install the EaseUs Android Data Recovery app from the Play Store.
- Launch the app.
- Now you will see four options which are the data types you can recover. They are Photo & Video, SMS, Contacts, and Call Logs.
- Tap on Call Logs, and the app will start scanning.
- Your lost call history will appear on your screen once the scanning is done.
- Preview the data and select the call logs you want to recover.
- Finally, tap on Recover to restore the selected call logs.
That’s it. This is the easiest method in my opinion if you have a rooted device.
Recover Deleted Call Logs on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user, you don’t have many options while trying to recover the deleted call logs. You can only seek aid from the iPhone data recovery software to recover deleted call logs. There are many good iPhone data recovery tools available on the web. I recommend using iMyFone D-Back as I personally use it.
Note: You will need a Windows PC or Mac in order to use this method. Also, you will need a USB cable.
Follow these steps in order to know what you need to do.
- Firstly, download and install iMyFone D-Back software on your Windows PC.
- Now connect your iPhone to your computer using the cable.
- Next, launch the iMyFone D-Back data recovery tool.
- Click on ‘Recover from iOS device’ present in the left pane.
- Wait until it recognizes your iPhone and then click on Next.
- Now select the data types you want to recover from the list of files. You have to select ‘Call history’ here.
- Once the scanning completes, you can preview the data to find the exact call logs you need.
- Finally, select the call logs you want back, and click on ‘Recover.’
That’s it. This is an easy and simple way to recover the deleted call logs as well as other data from an iPhone or iPad.
Recover Deleted Call Logs through Customer Care
Regardless of the device you use, you can seek help from the customer care department of your sim network carrier to get your lost call logs. You simply have to call the customer care number and ask them to provide you a statement of your account. The statement will include all the calls you made, received, and missed.
If you live in India, you can know about your last 5 calls without even talking to the customer service executive. Just dial *121# and then select Self-care. Next, go to My Account and then select Last 5 calls. They’ll then send you an SMS which will have the info of the last 5 calls made from your sim card.
That’s all for this post. You now know how to recover deleted call logs on Android and iPhone. If you have any queries, or suggestions regarding this post, you can use the comment box without any hesitation. I’ll be glad to listen to you.