A lot of times you’ll need to get back the Instagram chat that you accidentally deleted. If you too are looking for ways to recover deleted Instagram messages, this post is written especially for you. Here, I will explain ‘How to recover deleted Instagram messages on your Android & iPhone.’
- 1 5 Possible Methods to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
- 1.1 1. Recover Deleted Instagram Messages through Instagram Data.
- 1.2 2. Recover Deleted Instagram Messages through connected Facebook account
- 1.3 3. Use Third-Party Tools to Recover Instagram DMs.
- 1.4 4. Instagram Message Recovery Tools [SCAM]
- 1.5 5. Seek Help from the Sender
- 2 Final Take
5 Possible Methods to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages
Instagram is one of the most used social networking platforms in this generation. Millions of messages, photos, and stories are sent on Instagram daily by millions of users. But, there are times when users lose their chats. This happens when they accidentally delete their messages, or someone else (like their children) deletes the important Instagram messages.
To counter this situation, I’ve brought some messages that can help you to recover deleted Instagram messages. Here, I’ll explain the 5 Best Methods to recover deleted Instagram messages. You can use these on android and iPhone both. Or, you can even use these on your computer as well. All of them are super-easy and simple to understand.
1. Recover Deleted Instagram Messages through Instagram Data.
When you delete messages on Instagram, they get cleared from your device. However, they are still stored on Instagram’s servers. So, Instagram offers a feature through which you can download all the shared data of Instagram directly to your phone’s storage. This data includes messages, photos, videos, etc. After that, you can use this data to recover your deleted messages. Follow these steps in order to know-how.
[Steps to follow]
- Step-1: Go to your browser and visit Instagram’s web page. Don’t use the Instagram app here. You have to visit their website.
- Step-2: Now click on the ‘Profile’ icon present at the top right corner of your screen. Next, click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Step-3: Then choose ‘Privacy and Security’ from the pop-up window. Next, scroll down a bit to locate ‘Data download.’
- Step-4: Here, click on ‘Request download.’ They will ask you to verify your identity, so click on ‘Log in again’ and enter your credentials.
- Step-5: Now enter your email address. You will receive the link to a file with your photos, comments, profile information and more data on Instagram. Click on ‘Next.‘
- Step-6: Once again enter your password and click on ‘Request download.’ Instagram will now send you an email containing the data.
- Step-7: Go to your mailbox and you’ll find a mail with a subject ‘Your Instagram Data.’ Open this mail and click on the ‘Download data’ button. Your data will then be download as a ZIP file to your storage.
- Step-8: Unzip this file.
- Step-9: Go through the data and find ‘messages.json.’ Run it with a text editor. Now you can see all the messages you sent or received on Instagram. Recover any message you want from here.
Note: Instagram may take some time to send you the email containing your data. So, after requesting your data, you may need to wait patiently for about 48 hours.
2. Recover Deleted Instagram Messages through connected Facebook account
When Facebook bought Instagram in 2012, it connected Instagram’s operations to itself as well. So, when you have accidentally deleted or lost some important Instagram messages, you can take help from Facebook. Follow these steps in order to know what you need to do.
Note: You must have connected your Facebook account to your Instagram account beforehand in order to use this method.
- Step-1: Go to your browser and visit Facebook’s webpage. Don’t use the Facebook app or Facebook lite app here. You must use their website.
- Step-2: Log in with your account that is linked with your Instagram account.
- Step-3: Now go to your Facebook inbox.
- Step-4: Move the cursor to the left pane and click on the Instagram Direct icon.
- Step-5: Go through these and you can find all your Instagram DMs here.
3. Use Third-Party Tools to Recover Instagram DMs.
There are many third-party tools that can help you to recover deleted Instagram messages easily. These tools use the cache files from your android or iPhone device in order to get back the deleted texts. Using these apps is also very simple. You just have to follow the easily understandable instructions appearing on your screen. Here are some of the best tools to recover your deleted Instagram messages.
Fonelab is an amazing android data recovery software. It is available for both Windows and Mac computers. You can use this tool to recover your deleted messages from Instagram. Not only this, but you can also recover deleted messages from several other apps also. You can recover photos, videos, audio files, contacts, messages, messages attachments, call history, WhatsApp, documents from your device.
U.Fone for iPhone is a well-known iPhone data recovery software. It is also available to use on both Windows and Mac computers. This tool is able to recover all your precious data from your iPhone or iPad. You can easily use it to recover your deleted Instagram messages. You can use it to recover photos, videos, contacts, text messages, notes, WhatsApp and more from iOS devices.
Dr. Fone by Wondershare is another popular android data recovery software. You can use it on both Windows and Mac computers. It is even compatible with Android 10 and Android 9, and with all the older android versions. This is a very helpful app to recover data lost due to accidental deletion, rooting error, formatting, factory reset, system crash, virus attack, etc. You can use it to deleted photos, videos, contacts, text messages, call history, WhatsApp and documents from Android devices
iMyFone D-Back an iPhone data recovery software. This tool is really useful to get back your lost data from an iOS device. You can use it recover your deleted Instagram chat in a very simple manner. They have versions of this tool for both Windows and Mac PC. You can use it to recover photos, videos, messages, contacts, call logs, WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat, Kik, Line, notes, Safari History and more from iPhone/iPad/iPod.
4. Instagram Message Recovery Tools [SCAM]
There are many Instagram Message Recovery Tools Online that pretend to recover your deleted Messages. These sites are made in a way that looks genuine to the users.
Such Instagram Message Recovery Websites are totally fake and can even hack your Instagram account.
Such sites will ask for your username and password and that’s when your data will be leaked to hackers. Such sites may look as follows;
These sites also make money when you do small surveys or tasks asked by the site.
So, stop falling for such scams and understand the fact that no random site can recover your data from Instagram which is part of one of the biggest companies in the world.
Even the tools can help to some extent but they also will fail to recover messages.
5. Seek Help from the Sender
This is the easiest and simplest method to get back the chat with anyone. You can just ask the sender to either screenshot your conversation and send it to you. Or, just send important messages again. You will need to explain to them your genuine reason as to why you lost the chat in the first place. When none of the above methods work, this one will be your savior.
So these were the Possible methods to recover Instagram deleted messages. Using any of these, you can get back your invaluable Instagram DMs. I hope this post helps you enough. For any queries, doubts, or suggestions, feel free to use the comment box.