Some videos on Snapchat are worth saving. But, you can’t find the ‘download’ button below them. It would be really cool if we can get that in the future. Although Snapchat allows you to download your own videos, you must use special methods to download videos from other users, for now. If you are wondering, How to save Snapchat videos? You have come to the right place.
Here, I will tell you the methods to save Snapchat videos on mobiles and computers. Go through this post and you’ll be able to download any video on Snapchat whether if it is yours or someone else’s.
Full Guide – Save Snapchat Videos of Other Users & Your Own
Snapchat is a mainstay of our daily lives. The regular users of the app have a tendency of sending and receiving snaps of anything and everything. Videos are an integral part of the Snaps. The filters and stickers provided by Snapchat make it a worthy app to record videos. Millions of users send and receive videos on Snapchat daily. There are certain videos on Snapchat that are worth saving. They could be of anything like a funny moment, a dance video, or just a meme.
However, Snapchat only lets you save your videos. It doesn’t allow you to save videos from other users. If you need to download videos that someone sent to you as a snap or from someone’s story, you need to use special workarounds. In this guide, we will take a look at all the working methods to save Snapchat videos. There are various ways available that you can use depending upon if you are using Android, iOS, or Computer system. We’ll cover them all here.
Save Your Snapchat Videos
Snapchat allows you to save your own videos directly to the gallery of your device. It doesn’t matter if you are using Android or iOS. I really hope that Snapchat provides that download button for videos from other videos as well soon. Follow the steps mentioned below to save your Snapchat videos.
- Step-1: Open Snapchat and record a video by long-pressing the big circle.
- Step-2: When the video is recorded, you will see a download button present on the bottom left corner of the screen. Tap on it.
- Step-3: Wait until the video is saved. You will receive a notification for that and the download icon will turn into a tick.
That’s it. This is how you save your own Snapchat videos. You can view them by swiping up on the Snapchat camera.
If you have already posted the video on your story, here is another method that you can use to save your video. Follow the simple steps mentioned below to know what you need to do.
- Step-1: Open Snapchat and Play your story by tapping on the Profile icon which is turned into the Story icon when you have an active one.
- Step-2: After playing the story, tap on the three-dots present on the top right corner of the next.
- Step-3: Next, tap on Save Story to download the video to the storage.
There is one more method to save videos from your Snapchat stories. Follow the simple steps mentioned below.
- Step-1: Open Snapchat and go to your Profile by tapping on the profile icon present on the top right corner of the screen.
- Step-2: Now scroll down to the Stories section and tap on the three dots present next to your story.
- Step-3: Next, tap on Save Story and wait until the video is saved to the storage.
Note: If you are using the latest version of the app, just go to your profile and scroll to your story. You will see a download button present next to your story. Just tap on that to save your story.
Save Snapchat Videos from Other Users
As Snapchat doesn’t provide a download button to save videos from other users, you have to use other ways to do that. Here are some of the simplest methods to save videos from other Snapchatters. You can use them depending upon your device.
If you are using an Android mobile, the process is simplest for you. You just have to use a good screen recording app to save the videos. There are a lot of good tools available like AZ Screen Recorder, Mobizen Screen Recorder, etc. A lot of Android smartphones from brands like Xiaomi, Oppo, One Plus, etc have a built-in screen recorder app to record whatever is playing on the screen. The procedure is similar in all the apps. Follow these steps if you want to learn that.
- Download, install and launch a Screen recording app or use the built-in one.
- Start the screen recorder.
- Now go to Snapchat and play the snap or story you want to record.
- Once the video is played completely, stop the screen recorder.
That’s it. This is the simplest and safest way to save a video on Snapchat.
Apple provides a built-in screen recorder on iPhones and iPads. You can simply use that to save any video on Snapchat. If you don’t know about using it. Follow the simple steps mentioned below.
- Go to the Settings app and then tap on Control Center present under the third section.
- Here, tap on Customize Controls.
- Now tap on the green plus sign present next to Screen Recording.
- Next, close the Settings app and go to Snapchat.
- Swipe up to access the Control Center and tap on the Screen Recording icon.
- Play the video you want to save.
- Swipe up again and stop screen recording by tapping on the icon.
That’s it. You can find the recorded video in the Photos app.
You can also save Snapchat videos using your PC. For that, you will have to play the Snapchat video on the computer screen by either emulating Snapchat to your computer or by mirroring your mobile’s screen to PC. If you don’t know how to do that, you can do quick googling, or ask me in the comments section.
Once you are using Snapchat on PC, you have to use software like Quicktime Player (for iOS), MirrorGo Android Recorder (for Android), etc. You have to use these to record the Snapchat video playing on the screen. The steps you need to follow will be available on the screen when you install and use them. If you have any trouble using them, I can help you with the perfect Youtube videos. Just let me know using the comment box.
This is how you can save your own and other user’s Snapchat videos. You can use these methods to save any videos from Snapchat directly to your storage. One thing you need to always remember is that only save videos you have permission to. Sometimes, you can offend people by saving their videos. So, make sure your actions are never offensive to anyone.
That’s all for this post. I hope you find it useful. If you have any doubts, queries, or suggestions, feel free to use the comment box. I’ll be glad to hear from you.