One standout feature of Snapchat is that it sends a notification saying ‘the other user took a screenshot’ whenever you screenshot a Snap or Story. However, sometimes you’ll need to secretly take a screenshot without the other person knowing. In this case, you wonder how to take a screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing?
I’ll explain how. In this post, I will tell you about the 5 best methods to take a screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing. If you take screenshots on the app using these methods, the other person won’t ever know what you did.
5 Best Methods to Take a Screenshot on Snapchat Without Them Knowing
Snapchat is a versatile social networking and instant messaging app. It is mostly used by the younger section of the society. Teenagers and Young Adults are often observed clicking and sending snaps to other Snapchat users. Also, a lot of people also use it to have conversations with their friends, boo, and even strangers. There are certain snaps that you want to save or take a screenshot but you are shy as Snapchat informs the other user whenever you save a Snap or take a screenshot.
Or, you may want to screenshot a conversation you had with someone without letting them know. After all, having screenshots is indeed necessary for the current time. In such situations, knowing how to secretly take a screenshot on Snapchat is essential. These 5 methods will help you do that. You can use these to take a Screenshot on Snapchat without the other person knowing.
1. Take Screenshot Keeping Snapchat in the Background
The simplest way to take a screenshot on Snapchat without the other person getting the notification is by doing that while keeping Snapchat in the background. However, even that needs some special measures. Follow these steps in order to know what you need to do.
Note: If you have an app lock enabled on Snapchat, you have to remove it before trying this method. Or else, the method won’t work for you.
- Clear all the recent apps on your phone from Background.
- Now launch Snapchat.
- Next, open the Snap that you want to click or if you want to take a screenshot of a conversation, keep that conversation in the frame.
- Press the Recent app button from the bottom of the screen. This is the most crucial step of this method. If the Snap has played completely, you can replay it and then press the Recent button.
- Finally, take the Screenshot from here and the other person won’t receive the notification that you took a screenshot. You can also edit and crop the screenshot to get rid of the unnecessary parts.
That’s it. This is a simple and effective way to take a screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing.
2. Use Airplane Mode to Take a Screenshot
The next simple method to take a screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing is by clicking it while being in the Airplane Mode. The Airplane Mode prevents Snapchat from accessing your actions. However, this method may sometimes fail if you are not able to take steps at the correct timing. Follow the instructions mentioned below properly to know what you need to do.
- Go to Snapchat and let the Snaps load but don’t open them yet.
- Now pull down the Notifications panel and turn off WiFi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth.
- Next, turn on Airplane Mode.
- Make sure the device has no connections to any network and then open the Snap.
- Take a Screenshot using the Volume Down and Power button.
- Clear Snapchat from recent apps.
- Wait for 30 seconds or more and then turn off the Airplane Mode.
- Finally, reconnect to the internet.
That’s it. Snapchat will not send any notification if you take a screenshot using this method.
3. Use Screen Recorder
Snapchat provides notification when someone takes a screenshot but it doesn’t when someone uses a screen recorder. So, you can simply use a screen recorder and then take a screenshot of the snap from the recording. Follow the instructions mentioned below to know about the exact process.
- Open Snapchat and load the Snap but don’t open it.
- Start screen recording.
- Now open the Snap and let it play.
- Once done, stop screen recording.
- Go to the Gallery or Camera Roll and play the recorded video.
- Pause the video when the Snap is open.
- Take a screenshot here and crop it accordingly.
4. Click a Picture using another phone
If you have more than one phone around you, then using another phone to take a picture of the snap is the safest way to capture it. Follow the instructions mentioned below to know what you need to do.
- Open Snapchat and play the Snap.
- Now pick another phone and launch the Camera.
- Next, click a focused picture of the Snap using it.
- Transfer this picture to your device using any method like Bluetooth, email, etc.
5. Use Google Assistant
Google Assistant might be annoying sometimes but it is very useful when you want to take a screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing. It can help you secretly take a screenshot. Follow the simple steps mentioned below to know-how.
- Go to Snapchat and open the Snap you want to save by screenshotting.
- Now trigger the Google Assitant. You can do this by long-pressing the Home button or saying OK Google.
- Ask Google Assistant to take a screenshot. You can do this either using voice commands or by typing it. The Google Assistant will then take a screenshot.
- You will see the options to share this screenshot. Just share it using any desired method like email, Bluetooth, etc.
That’s it. Remember that you must share the screenshot or else you will lose it as there isn’t an option to directly save it.
That’s how you secretly take Screenshot on Snapchat. You can use these when someone sends you an invaluable snap or message and you want to take a Screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing. You can also use third-party apps like Sneakaboo, Snap Saver, etc for this. If you know about some more ways, let me know in the comments below.
That’s all for this post. I hope you find it helpful. If you have any queries or doubts regarding anything mentioned here, feel free to use the comment box and ask me.