There are moments when you lose control over yourself and block people you shouldn’t. Or, sometimes you block the wrong person just because of the confusion or any other instance. In such cases, if you know how to unblock someone on Snapchat, you are good to go. But, if you don’t, the scenarios can be worst. If you are stuck in the worst-case scenario, I’m here to help.
In this post, I will explain the process to unblock someone on Snapchat. Also, I will tell you what you need to do after unblocking them and if they’ll get a notification for your actions or not.
- 1 Step-wise Guide: Unblock Someone on Snapchat
- 1.1 [Steps to Follow]
- 1.2 Re-Add someone after unblocking them on Snapchat
- 1.3 Some Frequently Asked Questions related to Unblock Someone on Snapchat
- 1.3.1 Will the people whom I Block or Unblock receive any notification about it?
- 1.3.2 Do I have to re-add them on Snapchat?
- 1.3.3 How to know if I blocked someone on Snapchat?
- 1.3.4 Can I message the blocked Snapchat without unblocking?
- 1.3.5 Will the person whom I blocked be able to find my Snapchat profile?
- 1.3.6 How to know if someone blocked me on Snapchat?
- 1.4 Final Thoughts
Step-wise Guide: Unblock Someone on Snapchat
In this era of the internet, social apps are the first connection between two people. Snapchat is a very popular social app that lets people have a conversation and update stories so everyone gets to know what is happening in the other person’s life. However, sometimes you don’t like the messages or snaps sent by someone much. You get annoyed and in the heat of the moment, you block them. But, when you regain your senses, you regret the decision. So, you think about unblocking them.
Or, sometimes there are two people in your contact list with the same or similar name, and you mistakenly block the wrong person and instantly realize your mistake. There could be many similar situations where you’ll feel the need to unblock people on Snapchat that you have blocked at some point in the past. But, Snapchat unblocking someone isn’t as easy as blocking them because when you block someone they disappear from your Snapchat. Then, how to do it?
[Steps to Follow]
If you want to unblock someone on Snapchat whom you have blocked earlier, you just need to follow these simple steps. Make sure you are connected to the internet while following these.
- Step-1: Open Snapchat and tap on the Profile icon present on the top left of the screen.
- Step-2: Now tap on the Gear icon present on the top right of the screen to visit the Settings window.
- Step-3: Next, scroll down and find Blocked present under the Account Actions section, and then tap on Blocked.
- Step-4: Here you will find the names of all the people that you have blocked during any point of time. Tap on X present next to the name of the person whom you want to unblock.
- Step-5: You will see a confirmation prompt on the screen saying “Are you sure you want to unblock this Snapchatter?” Tap on Yes to proceed. That person will be unblocked then.
That’s it. The person whom you unblock will now be able to see your profile and you can see theirs. But, there are certain things that you need to do like re-adding them or messaging them. We’ll discuss them all next.
Re-Add someone after unblocking them on Snapchat
When you block someone on Snapchat, you automatically unfriend them from your Snapchat account. They won’t be able to message you, see your stories, or find your Snapchat profile. But, when you unblock someone on Snapchat, they aren’t added back to your friend list automatically. So, you must do that manually if you have considerable relations with that person. Re-adding someone is simple. Follow these steps if you don’t know how to add someone on Snapchat.
- Step-1: Open Snapchat and tap on the search bar present on the top middle of the screen.
- Step-2: Enter the name of the person whom you unblocked and want to re-add.
- Step-3: From the results, tap on ‘Add’ present next to their name.
Your friend request will be sent to that person. You will have to wait until your friend accepts it. Once he or she does, you both are good to go on Snapchat. The next thing you have to do is send snaps and maintain streaks. That’s it.
Will the people whom I Block or Unblock receive any notification about it?
No, Snapchat doesn’t send any notification when you block or unblock someone over the app. However, when you re-add the friend, they will receive a friend request and from that, they can conclude that you blocked him at some point in time. So, if that person isn’t much important to you, you can just let them be in your contact list instead of adding them up in the friend list.
Do I have to re-add them on Snapchat?
Yes, you have to re-add the person you blocked and then unblocked on Snapchat. This is because automatically unfriends the person whom you block but doesn’t automatically add them back to your friend list. When you unblock someone, they’ll be in your contact list only and if you want them to be in your friend list, you will have to add them up as I mentioned above.
How to know if I blocked someone on Snapchat?
You can know if you have blocked someone on Snapchat by going to the ‘Blocked’ list present under the Account Actions section in the Settings. You can see all the people you have blocked here. If you haven’t blocked anyone, you will see ‘No blocked Snapchatters‘ written as seen in the image below.
Can I message the blocked Snapchat without unblocking?
No, you can’t message someone whom you have blocked without unblocking them. You must unblock the person, add them back to your friend list and then you can message them.
Will the person whom I blocked be able to find my Snapchat profile?
No, the person whom you have blocked will not be able to find your Snapchat profile. When they’ll try to search you with your username, they’ll simply see ‘No results’ written over the screen. They won’t be able to message you or see your stories either. However, they may find you using another Snapchat account.
How to know if someone blocked me on Snapchat?
Snapchat doesn’t provide any notifications when someone blocks you over the app. So, you have to know about that using special workarounds. We have a dedicated post for that. You can take a look at this post:
This is how you unblock someone on Snapchat and re-add them so you both can be connected again on the platform. Unblocking someone is like forgiving them virtually. And, the one who forgives is always the bigger person. So, unblock them and start having conversations as life is too short to hold grudges.
That’s all for this post. If you have any queries, doubts, or suggestions related to anything mentioned here, feel free to use the comment box. I’ll be glad to listen and respond.