Are you looking for ways to watch Disney Plus outside the USA? If yes, this post is specially written for you. Here, I will explain how you can watch Disney Plus outside the USA. So, you can enjoy your favorite Disney + shows anywhere you go or stay.
- 1 Guide to Watch Disney Plus Outside The USA
- 1.1 What is Disney Plus?
- 1.2 Where can we watch Disney Plus?
- 1.3 When will Disney Plus be available worldwide?
- 1.4 How to watch Disney Plus Outside the USA?
- 1.5 5 Best VPN Recommendations to Watch Disney+ Outside the USA
- 1.6 Final Words
Guide to Watch Disney Plus Outside The USA
This is post is really going to help you if you are a Disney fan. The chances are, you are directly or indirectly a Disney fan as Disney has acquired some of the very popular franchise among the fans like Marvel. So, after going through this post, you’ll be able to watch your favorite Disney shows and movies without any geo-restrictions.
What is Disney Plus?
Disney Plus (Disney +) is the leading American subscription-based video-on-demand streaming service by Walt Disney. It is known majorly for the Disney-acquired franchise like Marvel, National Geographic, Pixar and Star Wars. Many Disney originals are also available on the platforms that are talked about globally. It is one of the best family-oriented streaming services for the US audience.
If you are into the Disney classics like Phineas and Ferb, or Kim Possible, you’d instantly fall in love with Disney Plus. It offers a whole lot of content for hours and hours to watch without a stoppage. If you haven’t tried it yet, I’d definitely recommend that you open another tab right now, and explore the amazing Disney Plus world.
Where can we watch Disney Plus?
As of now, Disney Plus is available to watch in the United States, Canada, the Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, and Puerto Rico. If you are staying in these countries, you can easily visit their website and enjoy the exciting Disney Plus shows and movies. However, if you are outside these, there isn’t a direct method to watch Disney Plus. You must use the special tricks that I’ll explain in the later sections.
When will Disney Plus be available worldwide?
Being available worldwide is still a bit far to think right now, but Disney definitely aims to do that at some point in time. Recently, Disney has announced that its Disney Plus streaming service is going to be available in European countries like the UK, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, and Ireland, and in India by the March of 2020. And, some more expansions will be seen in the later part of 2020 in European and Latin American regions. A local version of Disney+ has been planned for these countries.
How to watch Disney Plus Outside the USA?
If you are living in countries outside the USA where Disney Plus is officially available in a local version, you can easily visit Disney+.com and start enjoying their service. There isn’t any special process. Just visit the site, get a subscription, and start streaming whichever show or movie you like. However, if you are outside the USA in a country where Disney Plus isn’t available officially yet, then you can’t directly use it. You have to use a special trick.
I’ll explain what you need to do in order to watch Disney Plus outside the USA in a step-wise manner. Just follow the quick instructions and you’ll be able to stream Disney+ outside the USA.
Step-1: Find and use a VPN
- Find and install a good VPN app on your smartphone. Make sure you use a genuine, reliable and fast VPN service provider to enjoy buffer-free Disney Plus streaming. I’d recommend using NORDVPN as I personally use it, and it works wonders.
- Launch the VPN app and connect it to any USA server. This will get you an American IP address.
Step-2: Create a new Google account.
- Once you are connected to the USA, go to your browser and create a new Google account. You will have to enter your phone number and recovery email. Both of them are optional. So, you can ignore them. You won’t be asked to enter your country as you are using a VPN.
Step-3: Purchase and redeem a Google Play Store Gift Code.
- Next, go to Amazon.com and purchase a Google Play Store gift card. You will need it to pay for the Disney Plus subscription. You have to spend $25 here at least, and then your digital code will be sent to your inbox. If you need any help in purchasing the gift card, you can seek help from me. Make sure you enter your newly created Google account email address here.
- Go to your inbox, open the mail and redeem your code. You just have to click on the redeem link in the mail for this.
- Now you have to enter your country of origin, name and ZIP code. Select ‘United States‘ and enter a 5-digit US ZIP code. Quick googling would help to find that.
- Next, log in to your new Google account on your android mobile or tablet. Usually, this is done by going to Settings.
Step-4: Download and use Disney+.
- Launch the Google Play Store now. You will see the USA version of the Play Store. If you aren’t seeing it, you have to manually change your country on the Play Store. You can seek help from this Google support thread to do that.
- After opening the American Play Store, just search and download the Disney Plus app.
- Once installed, launch the app and tap on ‘Start Free Trial,’ and then register for an account using the email address you created earlier. After following the on-screen instructions, you will be taken to the payment page.
- A monthly subscription for Disney+ costs $6.99, while a yearly subscription costs $69.99. You have to pay for the subscription you choose using the Google Play Store credit you purchased earlier.
- Once done, enjoy the amazing ocean of content that Disney Plus offers. Make sure you are connected to the USA using a VPN app every time you launch Disney+ app.
Note for iOS users.
- If you are an iOS user, you need to create a new Apple ID as well as a new Google account. You will need your new Google account to create your Apple ID.
- You have to sign out of your existing Apple ID on your device and sign in using your new Apple ID.
- Buy an App Store Gift card instead of a Google Play Gift card. Redeem it on your App Store account. If you don’t know how to do that, seek help from this Apple support thread.
- Use your App Store credit to pay for the Disney+ subscription.
- Apart from these things, the process is similar to what is mentioned above.
5 Best VPN Recommendations to Watch Disney+ Outside the USA
Finding and using the right VPN application is the key to success for watching Disney+ outside the USA. I’m listing here some of the best VPN apps that let you connect to an American server. You can use any of these and start watching Hotstar in the USA.
NordVPN is a great VPN app to connect to the USA. It has more than 12 VPN servers in America. So, you can use it to gain an American IP address. The internet speed while using this VPN is also good and security offered is remarkable.
ExpressVPN is a very popular VPN service provider with more than 3000 servers worldwide. If you can’t find any country’s servers on other VPN apps to connect, you should check them on this app. There are very good chances you’ll find it here. It has more than 40 VPN servers in America. You can just connect to New York and use the internet at a very good pace.
IPVanish is the next VPN recommendation to connect to America. It has 7 VPN servers in India. You can connect to them and start using Disney+ anywhere in the world without any restrictions. The value for money this app offers is very notable.
PureVPN is a wonderful VPN service provider that has more than 2000 servers in over 140 countries globally. It is one of the biggest providers out there. One prominent feature of this VPN is that it has a dedicated streaming mode that helps in streaming Disney+ content. You can use it to watch movies and shows buffering-free.
PrivateVPN is another great VPN app to connect to India. It has around 7 VPN servers in America. This is a feature-rich app that facilitates your streaming experience. Also, this is one of the top recommendations for gamers who are looking to use a VPN.
That’s how you watch Disney Plus outside the USA. I hope this post helps you enough and you are enjoying Disney+ right now. Do tell me your favorite show or movie on Disney+ in the comments below. Also, if you have suggestions, recommendations, or doubts, feel free to use the comment box.