If you are a regular WhatsApp user, you’d definitely love this post a lot. Here, I will tell you about some cool and hidden tricks about WhatsApp. I will tell you about the Best WhatsApp Tricks that you’d surely find useful and interesting at the same time.
- 1 15 Best WhatsApp Tricks:
- 1.1 1. Reply to messages without changing your last seen.
- 1.2 2. Read and send messages without even touching your mobile.
- 1.3 3. Make your pictures beautiful using doodles and emoticons.
- 1.4 4. Know who is your best WhatsApp friend.
- 1.5 5. Mark the important messages as ‘Star.’
- 1.6 6. Use dates in a WhatsApp chat to add an event to the calendar in iOS.
- 1.7 7. Send bold, italicized, or strikethrough text messages.
- 1.8 8. Save data while on a WhatsApp call.
- 1.9 9. Get a report of your WhatsApp account information and settings.
- 1.10 10. Pin important conversations to the top.
- 1.11 11. Use WhatsApp in your browser.
- 1.12 12. Use beautiful images as your Wallpaper on WhatsApp.
- 1.13 13. Stop WhatsApp media to appear in your Gallery.
- 1.14 14. Reply to a Group message privately.
- 1.15 15. Use customized notifications for important contacts.
15 Best WhatsApp Tricks:
WhatsApp is the leading instant messaging (IM) app of this generation. Every second person is using WhatsApp. Not only for individuals but for businesses and companies as well, WhatsApp has become a basic necessity. There are some really hidden features on WhatsApp that not everyone knows about. Also, there are some cool third-party apps that can help you unlock additional features on WhatsApp. I’ve compiled all such cool tricks for you here.
1. Reply to messages without changing your last seen.
If you don’t want to show your status online and not change your current ‘Last seen‘ time, this trick will help you. Whenever someone messages you on WhatsApp and you are connected to the internet, you will receive a notification. You just have to tap on ‘Reply’ written below the notification, and reply to the sender from here.
This way, you can reply to messages without changing your current last seen.
2. Read and send messages without even touching your mobile.
If you are technologically advanced enough, or actually lazy, you can use virtual assistants like Siri or Google Assistant to read and send messages on WhatsApp. You just have to give the virtual assistant a verbal command, and they’ll do as you order.
This way you can send or reply to messages on WhatsApp without having to even touch your mobile.
3. Make your pictures beautiful using doodles and emoticons.
You can actually edit your pictures using emoticons, texts, and doodles before sending them. Open a chat, tap on attach, and then choose the picture from the gallery. The image will load in a photo editor. Here, you can add exciting emojis, or texts, doodles, or all of them to make them look more beautiful.
This way you can use WhatsApp to edit your pictures.
4. Know who is your best WhatsApp friend.
The friend with whom you choose to spend most of your time is generally classified as your best friend. Just like that, the friend with whom you chat the most on WhatsApp is your best WhatsApp friend.
To know who is your best WhatsApp friend, go to WhatsApp Settings, and then go to Data and Storage usage. Now tap on Storage Usage, and select a contact. Here, you can see how much storage has been used by each contact. The contact with most storage usage is your best WhatsApp friend.
5. Mark the important messages as ‘Star.’
If you have some really important messages in a conversation and want to mark them to find them later easily, you can star them. Just tap and hold the specific message, and mark it as ‘Star.’
You can later find all the starred messages very easily.
6. Use dates in a WhatsApp chat to add an event to the calendar in iOS.
If you have an iPhone or iPad, press and hold a date mentioned in a chat to create an event. This will automatically add the event in your calendar directly from your WhatsApp conversation. This feature could be really useful for the business professionals to mark their meetings on the calendar directly through WhatsApp.
This feature is yet to come to Android. We hope it comes soon.
7. Send bold, italicized, or strikethrough text messages.
You can send special texts on WhatsApp just by putting the desired character before and after the text.
- Just put an asterisk (*) at the beginning and end of the desired word or sentence and you can make it bold.
- Put an underscore (_) at the beginning and end of the desired word or sentence and you can make it italic.
- Or, you can add a tilde (~) to the beginning and end of the desired to strike through the text.
- You can also create a monospace text by adding three grave accents (`) to either side of the text.
This is my personal favorite hidden trick on WhatsApp.
8. Save data while on a WhatsApp call.
WhatsApp calls are very useful but they may consume a lot of data for quality purposes. You can save the data the WhatsApp call consumes if you are using a limited plan. Just go to Settings, and then tap on Data and storage usage. Here, under call settings, you will see the Low data usage option. Tick the box present next to it.
This way you can save a considerable amount of mobile internet data during a WhatsApp call.
9. Get a report of your WhatsApp account information and settings.
WhatsApp allows you to request a ZIP file of your account information and settings. This file will not include any messages, but your profile photo and whether you agreed to that Facebook data policy, group names, and the like. To get this report, go to Settings, and then tap on Account. Now find and tap on Request account info. Next, tap on the Request report option.
10. Pin important conversations to the top.
You can pin the important conversations on WhatsApp at the top of your chat list. This will save your time as you won’t have to find them by typing their name in the search bar or scrolling through the list.
To do this on Android, hold a chat and tap the pin button once selected. And, to do this on iPhone, swipe a chat to the right and tap on the pin icon to get it to the top.
11. Use WhatsApp in your browser.
On January 21, 2015, WhatsApp launched WhatsApp Web, a browser-based web client that could be used by syncing with a mobile device’s connection. You can use WhatsApp web to access WhatsApp in your browser on your computer. Just visit https://web.whatsapp.com/ and scan the QR code to open WhatsApp in the web client.
This is a really useful trick for people who tend to spend a lot of time on their PC or laptop.
12. Use beautiful images as your Wallpaper on WhatsApp.
If you find the standard wallpaper, which will appear as a background on all of your chats boring, you can replace it with a picture of your choosing.
If you are an Android user, go to Settings, then tap on Chat. Now tap on Chat wallpaper, and Choose a picture from your gallery to set as wallpaper. Or, if you are an iOS user, go to Settings, then tap on Chat. Now tap on Chat wallpaper, and Choose a picture from your gallery to set as wallpaper.
13. Stop WhatsApp media to appear in your Gallery.
The images and videos that you receive on WhatsApp directly appear in your phone’s gallery. If you are an Android user, they’ll appear in the Gallery, and if you are an iPhone user, they’ll appear in the Camera Roll. You can turn this off by simply going to Settings, then tap on Chat, and then turn the toggle switch off present next to ‘Save to Camera Roll ‘(iPhone) or ‘Show media in the gallery’ (Android).
This feature can really help when you have naughty friends sending NSFW contact in WhatsApp groups.
- Download SHAREit for PC to share larger files from your Mobile to PC.
14. Reply to a Group message privately.
If you don’t want to interact in the group chat but still want to reply to a message, you can respond privately in the one-to-one chat. To do this, you don’t have to find a particular chat with that person. WhatsApp gives you an option to respond to any group message privately.
If you are an Android user, press and hold a message in a group chat, and select the three buttons in the top right corner, and then choose Reply Privately. Or, if you are an iPhone user, press and hold a message in a group chat, tap on More, and then tap on Reply privately.
15. Use customized notifications for important contacts.
If you get a lot of messages on WhatsApp, and your important messages some time gets ignored due to this, this trick will really help you. You can set custom notifications for WhatsApp users who are very important for you. Just open WhatsApp, go to the Specific chat, and tap on the contact name at the top, and then tap on Custom notifications.
Just set a custom tone to their notification, so you’ll never miss their call or message again.
That’s all for this post. I hope you like these tricks and use them to be a power user on WhatsApp. For any queries, doubts, or suggestions, feel free to use the comment box.