“Why can’t I use my SIM Card?” “Why Does My Phone Say No Sim?” “How will I contact people?” Do the questions wander in your mind along these lines? You are suddenly seeing an error on your phone that says No SIM and you don’t know how to fix it? Relax, this can be solved with a few steps and methods. Go ahead with the article to find out how.
How to Fix “No Sim” Error?
The “No Sim” error is quite common and can happen due to multiple reasons. It could be related to your device more than the SIM itself, there could be issues with the settings, network, your SIM could be damaged or it is some error by your service provider.
There are different spectrums of causes this can happen. “Why Does My Phone Say No SIM?” You can try the methods mentioned below to fix it if you also have this question in your head.
The first and foremost step for any kind of error that occurs on your phone would try to reboot your phone. Rebooting gets rid of any kind of background running apps, clutters, and faults that could be temporary on your phone and could be acting as a barrier for you to get your work done. Simply, rebooting the device can solve your issue with No SIM issue. Don’t know how to reboot your phone? It is easy as cake!
- All you need to do is press and hold the power button on your phone
- Now you will see the option either Reboot or Restart your phone (varies in different smartphones)
- Just tap on Reboot and the phone will go off
- When it’s back on, you will probably not see the No SIM error anymore
2. Check SIM Settings
If you have recently got a new SIM and have not used it before on your dual-sim device, there could be a chance you have that particular SIM slot disabled. This is a basic set that is available on all smartphones that you can disable one slot when there’s no need for you to use it. You may or may not have accidentally disabled the particular slot. Well, it is quite easy to turn it on in few clicks.
- Visit Settings on your device
- Go to Network & Internet
- You will be able to see the SIM Management option there (varies for different smartphones)
- Check if you have any one of the slots disabled
- Enable them and this should solve the issue
3. Change Network Mode
There are certain settings you can try and change on your device settings, that may help you find the answer to your question “why does my phone say no sim?” One such method is to change the network mode on your device to auto. It isn’t as complicated as it sounds to be. It is quite easy to follow, simply follow the steps mentioned below
- Visit Settings on your device
- Go to the Mobile Network option
- You will now see Network Mode
- Simply visit and tap on the first option
- It will say “Auto-Connect”
- This should solve your No SIM issue
4. Re-insert SIM Card
When we talk about SIM Cards, it is quite common for people to insert them incorrectly into their SIM trays, hence the phone is not able to detect the SIM Card. This especially happens if you have a new SIM Card. Before going through all the high-effort solutions, you might as well try to re-insert the SIM Card correctly. If you are unaware of what is the right way to put the SIM Card into the SIM tray, we have put down the proper way to do it.
- Firstly, open your SIM tray
- Examine the SIM Card and where do you see the golden chip on it
- You need to place the golden chip downwards onto the tray
- If you have cut up the SIM Card, make sure you do not end up cutting the golden chip
- When it fits with the tray, simply close the tray
- Try turning your phone back on and see if it solves the issue.
5. Contact Your Service Provider
If you have tried every step and yet your phone is not able to detect your SIM card, this could be a network error by your service provider and not necessarily your thing. Especially, if your SIM Card is new. It is to be noted that SIM Cards take few hours to get activated varying from network to network. You can contact your service provider and explain your issue. If there is some sort of activation issue, they will let you know it as well as when it will get activated.
6. Replace Your SIM Card
If none of the steps mentioned in this article works for you. Your SIM Card may be already damaged. And if this is the case, you have no other option but to replace your SIM Card with a new one. Don’t worry, this doesn’t mean you will have to change your phone number. You may visit the nearest store of your service provider and get it replaced for free with the same number.
We really hope that the question wandering on your head “Why Does My Phone Say No Sim?” is no longer there. Hence, you can go ahead and solve this issue in a few easy steps and methods mentioned in this article. If you have any queries regarding this article, comment below and let us know.